Anyone thinking of BAchelor of oral health nxt year? (1 Viewer)

sachu

HSC
Hi guys, Is anyone thinking of doing BOH (bachelor of oral health) nxt year at Sydney Uni? I have put this course as my first peference. I hope I made the right choice. What minimum ATAR do you need to get? Is there anyone who has done this course and can give us some insight?

Suggestion would be really appreciated!!!!!:)

Daveky

HSC
I'd become a dental technician, the pay is better and you can become a dental assistant or hygenist without a degree.

I'd never advocate anyone do a degree for the sake of it as I've done that and it's not fun realising you could have gotten a job four years ago without all the crap that uni gives you. Also those who got jobs before you will have advanced to higher salaries, and have a better ability to get jobs, as most require experience.

A degree might give you a bit more knowledge and make you a better therapist but three years of practice and PAY would probably be preferable.

If you want to become a hygenist you can do a 2 yr diploma after practicing as a DA for a while I think, but dental technicians earn more.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
depends if you want to go into dentistry or not bro.

but yeah i'm considering doing it as undergrad.

apparently the minimum they accept is 70 but the average is around 85. also depends on the results of your PQA and interviews etc

sachu

HSC
Whats the UAi reqd for dental tenchnician? Is it a undergrad course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)