Anyone thinks they have killed the test (1 Viewer)

EmilyFox

HSC
That sounds a lot more familiar. The essays i learned were no more than 1200-1300 words. There was no way id be able to write more than that in 40 mins. And im pretty sure i don't write that slow either.

EmilyFox

HSC
ccmariners07 said:
Ok, i don't know what you guys get taught at each of your schools but having gone to a selective school (no this isn't a bragging session) but each and every single teacher who had a year 12 class this year said that aiming for 1000 words in each of your prepared essays (including creative writing and modules) would allow you ample time and response length to put down everything you need to acheive top marks.

Also, for all those who filled booklets on comprehension i just laugh seeing as there were several 1,2-3 markers.

Anyway in keeping with the trend ill say i did as follows:

Section 1 (Comprehension) - 3 pages
Section 2 (Creative Writing) - 4 pages
Section 3 (Imaginative Journeys) - 8 pages
That sounds a lot more familiar. The essays i learned were no more than 1200-1300 words. There was no way id be able to write more than that in 40 mins. And im pretty sure i don't write that slow either.

HSC
Master Sword said:
You wrote 7 pages in section 1? :confused: What are you guys doing, writing a whole page for the one mark questions that you can answer in a couple of lines?
i agree. at girl came out after the exam at my school saying she wrote 35 pages all up, seriously does anyone else find it hard to jst 8 pages in 40min.

anyway:
section 1- 3.5 pages
section 2- 5.5 pages
section 3- 8 and a bit pages (my conclusion was crap lol)

HSC
Hahahaa... Killed it? I think the Paper murdered me three times over and came back just to do it again x__x lol

I did great on Sec 2! I had a narrative memorized and it fitted great with the first quote! Mwuahhaaa! And I got it all down in time... 15/15 please!!! XD *crosses fingers* Actually I only got 12/15 when I did it for the trials... >>;;; lol

... Sec 3 I think I did ok. The question was a bit 'meh'... But it wasn't too heart stopping, it fitted my texts mostly. But I stuffed up and ran outta time >__< Slow writer = Bad at time managment x__x lol

I was pretty much in a panic mode by the time I did Sec 1 (I did 2 and 3 first)... Seriously I think I only spent 20 mins on it o_o I kinda just tackled it then rushed back to my essay to try and finish it... Damn you conclusion!!!

*gulp* There's still another Eng paper on Monday... Oh god >_> lol XD

co6

Knight
HSC
How friggin' big do you guys write? 8-9 words a line??

I got 3 pages for Q1, 3 pages for Q2 and 4 pages for Q3. Q1 wasn't thaaaat hard, but then I'm generally good at that section anyway. Q2 wasn't too bad either, and Q3 was ok.

matindo64

HSC
Section 1 - 3.5 pages (and thats with the final question taking up 1.5 pages)
Section 2 - 4.5 pages (rubbbbbish)
Section 3 - 10 pages (happy with this, first time i've ever prepared for the AOS essay :p)

HSC
i'm annoyed at my creative response - my finger started bleeding during the exam so i had to waste 5 minutes getting a bandaid and stuff, i was getting blood on the exam paper >< - so i didn;t get to finish it

fkn finger, of all the days :burn:

JeffreyTse

HSC
Yeah... I'm really unsure how i went. :confused: I've never really aced any journeys essay or creative writing but i thought i answered the questions correctly! Umm.. i thought comprehension was difficult and thus i spent too much time on it. But overall it was ok. Hoping for about 80% or above.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
i rote
Section 1: 7 pages
Section 2: 15 Pages
Section 3: 16 pages

I had a pre-preapared short story which easily fit in with 2c) (Luckily as my heart stopped when i read the first 2)

For section 3 i had to cut out so much from my pre-memorised essay. but overall i pretty sure i aced it :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
the number of pages youwrite is completely irrelevant.

i've written 6page stories before [trials] that got 11/15

anyhoo. i think i did aite. max of 2 marks off for each section me thinks.

appleide

HSC
Section 1 - 4 Pages. (1 page last part). I don't think I did too well on this. I didn't have time to _get_ the poems, so I just 'interpreted' up techniques of "Irony, Symbolism, Metaphor, etc etc" and dumped it onto the sheet.

Section 2 - 6 Pages. It was a brilliant story until the examiner said "1 minute left" I used one of my creative pieces, which was also based on "Mosaic" Too bad the HSC version had a shotty ending.

Section 3 - 8 Pages. I took one of my memorised essays, got an iron bar and whacked it so it has some "unexpected detours". The memorised essay I made up in the Trials and got me 93.3%, so I think I would get somewhat below that (because the response doesn't suit the question perfectly).

Overall I think I would get anywhere between 65 to 85% for this paper. I am not sure. =[

BTW.... My teacher said if you're good, you can get an A with just 4 pages of Section 2. Maybe 3 pages if you write small.

mzduxx2006

HSC
blackness said:
Yeah, so anyone think they killed it
I think i did okay
for section 1 i did like 7 pages

section 2 i fucked it at 3 pages

Section 3 i did 8 pages

Overall, i think i passed it

Anywaiz anyone think they have killed it??????????
section one i did 10 pages. it was very hard by far...

section 2 i did 16 pages. fitted in really really well with one of my prewritten creative pieces.

section 3 i did about 18 pages. it was pretty good aswell.

its def a pass. dont know about like wat i was heading for with band 6 and shyt. done my best though. goodluck to everyone
:D

zsl289

HSC
ok, i dont noe about u guys but i didnt feel so good wen i walkd outta that exam room!!
sec.1-5
sec.2-4
sec.3-5

n after readin u guys doin 8+ pages...u just made my day worse!
guess im gonna make it up in paper 2:) ...somehow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)