Anyone Transfer from UWS? (1 Viewer)

RTTTYTR

HSC
Hi Im wondering if anyone has trasferred from UWS & how they found the process and the awarding of academic credit. Also what average was needed? Credit or Distinction?

n00dl3~danc3r

HSC
Hey, i transferred in2 accounting from Newcastle. It's all done thru UAC so it depends on UAI and results (u can also submit something detailing your work in the industry).

Getting credit for subjects is fine, but using the credit to get exemptions is very tough. Unless your subjects are almost identical to the Mac subjects most lectures wont give u exemptions (u have to book times to meet with staff, take notes and outlines from subjects youve done etc).

i was halfway thru at newcastle and have to do 3 extra subjects.

neways, gluck if u try, beware the UAC cutoff dates though, they sneak up on u.

helen_tran

HSC
I transferred from UWS to Macq. I was doing Arts but changed into Commerce so i couldnt really get academic credit lol
I had passes & credits and made it in~

RTTTYTR

HSC
juLnHi said:
I transferred from USW to MAcq this yr and don't expect that many academic credit. they are more strict with it here. when i transfered from Tafe to UWS i got so many academic credit .. enough for a i and half semster and u would think after spending a year at uws i would get even more academic credit when i transfered into mq but i didnt. only got 2 units off and none of my tafe stuff counted >.<!!

i dont know how they count the marks. i got a shit uai but great marks at tafe (C&D) and at uws i got a range of P,C and D. but when i asked a friend last yr, they said they used ur GPA? UWS gpa is abit stuffed tho because i had a 5 and gpa only goes up to 4 so yeh. hmmmmm

good luck on transfering!!
I can explain the UWS GPA (As with all unis its the AVG of unit pts / # of units taken):

Pass: 4
Credit: 5
D: 6
HD:7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)