Anyone who made a dress for their MDP... (1 Viewer)

kara42

HSC
I'm considering making a dress.

But I don't know what I would write about it.
Like, about why I want to make it and what its purpose is and stuff, if you understand what I mean.

What type of thing do you write for that?

Sabahat

HSC
if ur gonna make a dress try to make it unique ...sumfin u won't really find everywhere........be as creative and innovative as u can.......coz they want to c sumfin new...

for my D&T major this yr i made flashing leather jacket (sewed the leather jacket and attached circuit in the jacket for the LED lights... and there were 26 LED on it which worked with only one battery)

Stang

HSC
Well My Advice is to do something that you will finish but do something really creative. For my Major work i made a A-line strapless dress with a train and i printed pictures of my friends onto the train.

your purpose for makin the dress could be anything you can print onto or applique do anything and make anything on it just think =]

a girl in my class made like a races dress with like a fasinator and a lil bag it was really cute and she finished before the due date there is is lots of this you can do onto a dress =] and the purpose for making the dress is easy once you figure out what you are going to do

Juliaan

HSC
I heard that dresses arent that good for the HSC,

unless it was my teacher that said that because he's not good with dresses.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
well my friend made a dress for her MDP
she is SO SO talented!
she basically used our drama department as her purpose....
she identified the need as our drama department didnt own any dresses suitable for performing shakespeare....
SO she designed a dress and made it so the length and size can be altered from size 6 or 8 up to 16, and in height for someone who is 150 cm to someone who is 180...
thus the need was fulfilled as it was versatile and perfectly within the shakespeare style.

HSC
I made a dress for DT

It was hand dyed and did this by silk painting it i used greens/blues/yellows to represent the jungles of South Africa and Australian beaches

I added a piece that can be wrapped around it (like a kimono) and i used a traditional Japanese dyeing technique called 'Shibori'

The purpose of this dress was for it to be effecient and that was achieved through the over peice because you were able to wrap it in many different ways to make it look like a new dress everytime. I also mentioned how teenagers are on a limited bugget thus having this will limit their spending on buying a new dress everytime.

The project was also concerned wiht multiculturalism and wanted to show the audeince what different culutres have to offer and i wanted to incoperate this aspect because of our mulitcultral society and its a big influecnce in Australia and design.

Third point was to do with ergonomics - im not the skinny who girl who walks down the catwalk and i wanted to show young girls that you are able to wear a couture dress without being skinny and still look great and also had research about 'size zero' in the fashion indusrty

so in short lol..

couture dress
multifcuntional
multicultural
ergonomically designed to best suit my body shape
efficient

The best thing to do is look at factors that influence design and try work out something that can eliminate problems

yourmumishere.

HSC
i'm making a dress for my mdp.
and i have
NO idea what the purpose would be.
i'm stuck.
:mad:

yourmumishere.

HSC
okay.

i sort of am on the right track at the moment. i've almost finished the first part of the assignment.

i'm just stuck on a question or two.

does anyone know
what functions a dress will have...?

like. yeah.

and the qualities...

thats bascially it.

please help me!
its due in two days.

PLEASE!

ta. xo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)