anyone work for Eurest? (1 Viewer)

Trogie

HSC
I was thinking of applying for work with Eurest and I was wondering what people think about it. I have no previous hospitality experience but I've worked in retail. What jobs are available and what is the training like?

bobin

I used to work for eurest
I worked at the SCG as a snack attendant and to tell u the truth I found the whole eurest team very unprofessional. On my induction day they didn't even train us properly, and we were expected to immediately start the next day. I think they put the needs of their customers way way above the needs of their employees...
I absolutely hated Debbie (head of HR or something).. I couldn't work one day and told her.. and she just hung up the phone like I personally insulted her.

But hey.. this is my experience withe eurest maybe u might like them.. :p

there are a range of jobs u can do working at eurest ranging from bartending to being a vendor, working in corporate boxes, preparing foods etc..
eurest usually caters for events such as the crciket at the SCG, rugby games etc

Last edited by a moderator:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Yeah I agree, I used to work cricket and the footy and I thought it was shit. We got about 2 minutes training and no one ever communicated changes in company policy or whatever to us and then treated us like morons when we didn't immediately know. Also if you work the cricket a lot, which I did, you don't actually have fixed hours and you could be there 3 hours
or 10.
Also the security guards are wicked sleazy altho I spose that only really matters if you're a guy :p
And if you're working the SCG make sure you're not in Bay 17! It is *always* busy and it's where all the poor, loud, yobbish drunkards sit. I got put there like every shift whereas my mates would get at least swapped around a bit.
Also I used to get this horror of a supervisor a lot who expected us to take our breaks in 10 minute increments and I was like fuckoff. :<

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Eurest is terrible in my opinion. I work for them sometimes through my hospitality agency. Often their sites are totally disorganized. Some of the sites are often unclean as well.

They underpay their staff and don't provide them with adequate training. Some of the upper management is very rude to staff and treat them with no respect. Also, most of the sites I have been at have been chaotic.... too much management, too few trained and permenant staff. Plus their chefs who are salaried are expected to work a huge amount of unpaid overtime.... and are stressed and at the end of their tether. They have a very high turnover of staff, and often rely on agency staff to keep their sites up and running.

By all means apply, but expect to be thrown in the hospitality deep-end... they won't give you much training..... also since you have no hospitality experience, you may have to start on something crappy like being the dish pig at a uni college or something.

If you work for Eurest you could be placed in the kitchen at a uni college, in cafeterias at unis, large companies and hospitals.... not just at the big event places.

You would be better off to apply for either a hospitality agency in my opinion, or to start working in a cafe/restuarant etc where you might actually get trained and acquire some hospitality skills.

Once again, this is just my experience (which is very recent and fairly limited).... it just seems that every time I work at a Eurest site, the casual staff either have zilch hospitality skills, lack of training and a poor work ethic due to improper management..... of course there have been exceptions, but that has just been my impression so far. I think stadium work would be better than the colleges/cafeterias though.

Trogie

HSC
Woah, I didnt expect such a backlash against Eurest.

Its pretty ironic that you all hated it, yet this is what it says on their website:

"Compass Group/Eurest was voted 8th Best Employer to Work for in Australia in the over 1000 employee category."

lol I wonder if there were 8 entrants...

anyone had any good experiences with Eurest?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well i pretty much only worked when the fuck i wanted to, like i could probably call up next tuesday and get a shift if i wanted to even tho i haven't worked for them for over a year

that's about it for me

Trogie

HSC
glycerine said:
well i pretty much only worked when the fuck i wanted to, like i could probably call up next tuesday and get a shift if i wanted to even tho i haven't worked for them for over a year

that's about it for me
Where are you working now instead of Eurest?

Trogie

HSC
Yeh I've heard ya get heaps of shit from cheapo customers, I was in dairy/grocery so boring but at least you could bludge every now and then and no one would really notice

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm starting my third job tomorrow at Coles..... checkout chick.... I don't mind customer service, but I have a feeling it will be mindnumbingly boring work!

theone123

blue essence
HSC
argh, curse Trish the one who promise to give me the job but never ending up calling back!

kirabolton

HSC
ARGH! Eurest! They are crap! Seriously, DO NOT apply! I think i got it worse than all of you though, I worked at the Manly Sea Eagles Games at Brookie Oval, there was an article on how bad WE were...and really, we were. They give you NO training, Brookie Oval was falling apart and full of squashed food and rats, you ALWAYS get burnt, i was made second in charge at 15 because everyone else were backpackers, the customers suck (like always), DO NOT DO VENDING, ICE CREAM VENDING SUCKS THE ICE...ok calm down, the ice - creams' melt, once they gave me dry ice and a little girl nearly got her hand stuck to it, customers scream at you and dance around in circles. I now work at Woolies and although i hate it it's SOOO much better than Eurest. Eurest pays ok but only because it's a crap stressful dangerous job.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Eurest is really terrible....

I don't know which company has the contract at the superdome, but when I worked there the supervisors were these 15 year olds who were totally lazy and just gossiped the whole time.... I came in from the agency to be a barista, and had to coordinate the cleaning of the entire place because it was filthy.... but no one gives a shit if you clean it or not, it's crazy.

Trogie

HSC
kirabolton said:
ARGH! Eurest! They are crap! Seriously, DO NOT apply! I think i got it worse than all of you though, I worked at the Manly Sea Eagles Games at Brookie Oval, there was an article on how bad WE were...and really, we were. They give you NO training, Brookie Oval was falling apart and full of squashed food and rats, you ALWAYS get burnt, i was made second in charge at 15 because everyone else were backpackers, the customers suck (like always), DO NOT DO VENDING, ICE CREAM VENDING SUCKS THE ICE...ok calm down, the ice - creams' melt, once they gave me dry ice and a little girl nearly got her hand stuck to it, customers scream at you and dance around in circles. I now work at Woolies and although i hate it it's SOOO much better than Eurest. Eurest pays ok but only because it's a crap stressful dangerous job.
There seems to be a theme arising here, anyway I think I get the point. I always thought vending at stadiums would be a cool job...but meh.

I don't know about being a barista either, I can't even make instant coffee that tastes good

kirabolton

HSC
Hehehe you thought vending would be cool? So did i originally...But then i realised you trip over ALL the time, you break your legs and back, you get yelled at and it just sucks.

DeepDarkRose

HSC
eurest

looks like i'm the opposite to every other person on this board and i like working for eurest.... well i did before anyway, till our boss left and now the new person has no idea..... i'm a vendor at aussie stadium and scg. i worked at the zoo too but that place is a shit hole. the money is pretty good most of the time since its commission, so i'm not complaining...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)