Anyone working at KFC, what do you get? (1 Viewer)

MTP

HSC
I used to work at KFC, as a cook. I HATE CLEANING THE POTS AND THE OIL FILTER THINGY AT THE END OF THE SHIFT. thank god i quit. Now i'm looking for another job =\.

Vancen

HSC
extermin8tor said:
Hi guys, I got a job at KFC about 3 months ago as a cook. I applied to be on the front end, but on my first shift they decided to make me a cook.
The work is pretty crap, I have to wash my uniform, hat and shoes after EVERY shift, and because I'm 15 i get 5.48+1.02(cas. load) which is a bad 6.50$ and after tax and uniform deductions and union fees, I get about 5.20 an hour.

Question does anyone else here work at KFC, and how do you keep going to work. Me I just have no motivation to go slave for 4 hours, get abused and then get about 12 bucks for the entire shift into my bank. Frankly bus tickets cost me half of what I earn.

What wages do other KFC employees get? Because some of my assist. managers get 18$ an hour and they are like 19 or so yo.

basically I'm just peed off that my first job is earning me about 1800 a year, (even if I get the ocassional 12 hour open to close weekend shift).
Maybe they saw your bored of studies username and decided they hated you?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Scanorama said:
stazi and -tony- thanks for giving me the laugh at 3:44am :)
did you kill yourself after writing that post?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
just discovered thread.

thats High Distinction shit Stazi

extermin8tor

HSC
Vancen said:
Maybe they saw your bored of studies username and decided they hated you?
bah, thats not nice, seriously I cant beleive that this thread is still going. Im earning 9.10 an hour now because I got a promotion and turned sixteen and passed the six month period.

I dont get why all these people ragged, going oh you dont even deserve 5.40 an hour. I slave away each day after school, have one day off, to pay for my medical school and transport fees, which my parents dont pay.

I realise that its a shitty job, I cant find a better one that offers 20-30 hours a week to a school kid, especially one in year 12.

And guess what, I got all A's and one B on my report, even after I missed 50% of school, because my manager called me in.

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
I only get $8/hour and am 21, but i think director makes $500,000 so it worth it.
lol, I'm going to apply for KFC!

HSC
extermin8tor said:
bah, thats not nice, seriously I cant beleive that this thread is still going. Im earning 9.10 an hour now because I got a promotion and turned sixteen and passed the six month period.

I dont get why all these people ragged, going oh you dont even deserve 5.40 an hour. I slave away each day after school, have one day off, to pay for my medical school and transport fees, which my parents dont pay.

I realise that its a shitty job, I cant find a better one that offers 20-30 hours a week to a school kid, especially one in year 12.

And guess what, I got all A's and one B on my report, even after I missed 50% of school, because my manager called me in.
Whilst I don't know your circumstances at all, maybe you seriously be questioning your parents as to why they won't pay for your medical/school fees, especially as you're in Year 12, when the consequence is that you miss so much school?
But, as I said, I don't know your circumstances at all, so don't feel as though I'm attacking you. I commend you for being able to manage your time so well, and wish I had those skills myself. It just all seems, just a bit, extreme?

doublej2009

HSC
N/A
Man anyone who works at KFC is a bum. Also if your relying on this forum for information you deserve to earn $5.48 i just can't believe that your pay is so low i'm telling you if you stupid enough to accept that pay then maybe that's all your worth. Frankly i would only pay you $5.40
i can beg the differ on the pay you get at kfc at my kfc i get 13.56 an hour. the reason is because all the kfcs are all under different franchises or companies that own them or whatever and so one kfc will have a diffeerent pay to anotha. my kfc is with southern resturants and so we get a gud pay. howeva a kfc just down the road from my store gets a really shit pay bout the same as mentioned. and even when i had begun working at 15 i was geting bout 8 dollars an hour. so it just depends which kfc u work at. and ppl who work at kfc r not bums, if u live in melbourne most high school students or young ppl work at kfc

kayla1991

HSC
Hi guys, I got a job at KFC about 3 months ago as a cook. I applied to be on the front end, but on my first shift they decided to make me a cook.
The work is pretty crap, I have to wash my uniform, hat and shoes after EVERY shift, and because I'm 15 i get 5.48+1.02(cas. load) which is a bad 6.50$ and after tax and uniform deductions and union fees, I get about 5.20 an hour.

Question does anyone else here work at KFC, and how do you keep going to work. Me I just have no motivation to go slave for 4 hours, get abused and then get about 12 bucks for the entire shift into my bank. Frankly bus tickets cost me half of what I earn.

What wages do other KFC employees get? Because some of my assist. managers get 18$ an hour and they are like 19 or so yo.

basically I'm just peed off that my first job is earning me about 1800 a year, (even if I get the ocassional 12 hour open to close weekend shift).
I'm 17 and i get $11.51 an hour which is nearly double what i got when i first started.

Hayabusa

HSC
N/A
Im pretty sure these guys are working at KFC not just for the money but for the essential experience to set them up for later job prospects.

Quit crying.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Because not everyone can be Astronauts.

langerbbs

HSC
5.20/hr? You gotta be joking. You're getting ripped for a job that isn't worth it. I work at Woolies. I'm 17 and I earn $11/hr and im gonna be a casual next week which means 20% loading extra.

i worked at woolies and i was getting paid like 7.50 an hour and i was 17 , was the worst so i quit haha .

sammcpherson

HSC

I used to work there and got $9.92 as a trainee. and then $13.50 as a non-trainee. You are working at a shitty store.

sammcpherson

HSC
I used to work there and got $9.92 as a trainee. and then $13.50 as a non-trainee. You are working at a shitty store.</SPAN>

Kiwi131313

HSC
I work there and as a 17 y/o I get $11.83 per hour. When I was 16 and on training it was about $8/h. You spend 6 months on training before you get your pay rise, it just so happened that the end of my training happened right on my birthday, so I got both at once. Your pay goes up about $2/h every birthday till you 21.

Its an alright job, Im thinking about finding a new one cause Ive been there for a year and a half and it can get pretty busy. The pay is crap while you are on training but if you can hang in there for 6 months it gets better. Plus the customer service, cash handling, food preparation etc. looks good on your resume when you move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)