Anyone working at Lonestar? (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
best of luck mate, i think it means something good..

as for me, im gonna do a no show without letting them no on saturday and im just thinking about quitting all together. you get sick of it after 2 years
hey that's a great way to not get a reference....

Kirsti

HSC
They won't give you a reference anyway. I tried. They're retarded.

I was a host for the last year @ Glendale and I've just started waitressing a few weeks ago. Leaving as soon as I can get another job. The pay is pretty crappy but it's better than nothing. In the kitchens you should be able to get the hours you want though. We've been overstaffed for months so all the hosts are getting like 10 hours a week but that's just because our managers suck and don't realise that there's a point where you should stop hiring people. Yours should be better.
For the interview I just wore jeans and a jacket. Jeans are part of the uniform so theres no reason they wouldnt like that

HSC
BreaKing said:
hey that's a great way to not get a reference....

lol yeah i think im just gonna not show up on sat.....show up to my shift on monday...make up some excuse about how i was stuck somewhere and my phone was dead. or just say it was personal business....or i forgot...heaps of ppl do it anyway.....and then work maybe 2 more weeks then quit

Kazaf

HSC
Had my second interview and it went well also, I think I'm right for the job.
Hope I get the job, I need some cash..

HSC
they don't pay to well mate lol....i dunno how the managers ae at the one you applied for but my ones are tightass....at least when i quit i'll get all my holiday pay :D yay which is like 500 bucks :( that should make up for some of my impulse buying lol.

im still deciding what i should do on saturday, i have two plans

one, not show up and next day when they ask say i knew iwas working but i was stuck at the entrance with my phone dead so i couldn't ring and they were tight circumstances

two, im at my friends 18th either way, but this time i answer my mobile when the manager calls and chastises me about how im spossed to be working and to get my ass in straight away and ill be like 'i totally forgot sorry mate andi cant come in now coz im at the entrance'

which one do you think would work better?

Last edited:

Kazaf

HSC
YAY! I got the job!

You should just quit and let the manager know, be nice, get a reference and no one gets angry..

Kazaf

HSC
Ok, I've gotten my pay rate.
I'm working in the kitchen, at $7.80 per hour for training.
Training goes for 4 weeks.
Anyone working in a Lonestar Kitchen?
What is the rate when you complete your training?

Kazaf

HSC
Is that so?
I'm sure one of the managers said training goes for 4 weeks or so..
Dont know there.. we'll have to wait and see.
Well what is the pay rate after training?
I'm 17.

Kirsti

HSC
it depends on what sort of work you're doing in the kitchen. I'm not sure exactly what the divisions are but Dish and Backup are Grade 1. Grill is Grade 3. i think everything else is Grade 2 but im not sure..

The 17 yr pay for Grade 1 stays at 7.80 or whatever it is. (training is paid at Grade 1 rate)
I think Grade 2 is about 8.40 or something
No idea about Grade 3

Tell me what position you're in and I'll find out next time I go to work, we've got the rates posted out the back

Kazaf

HSC
I'm currently in DMO, quite fun..
Manager said I'll be working as backup I think? like soon?
Not sure.. well all i can do is wait, work and get paid.

Kirsti

HSC
I'm pretty sure Backup is still Grade 1 as well so you'll stay on the same rate until you move to a Grade 2 position or you turn 18. I don't know the Grade 2 rate for a 17 year old. 18 year old Grade 1 is 8.81, 18 yr Grade 2 is 9.18

HSC
i got a resignation form but i still cant decide whether to quit or just do 1 shift a week...im only gonna miss like 3 people the rest are dull

Kirsti

HSC
Personally id probably stay and do a shift or two just for the extra money.
If you don't really mind the work that much then that'd be the way to go.

You said u were like, the head host bitch didn't u? That's really not hard work (but the pay rate can sorta suck hey?) so you might as well stay for a bit if you can deal with it.

If you just really wanna get out cause it's a shithole then go and don't look back.

Last edited:

Kirsti

HSC
hiphophorray, i know ur a host but do you ever get people asking you about the armadillo fries in take aways or whatever? I reckon it's hilarious when they say that one wrong.

Lol, just a bit of randomness

HSC
im one of the main hosts yeh i dont need the money really, 30/60 bucks every fortnight is hmmmm.

and i like take orders for takeaway sometimes i hate doing anything with takeaway it sucks but ive just had customers say 'cheese fries'

we once had this wierd smelly bum come in late at night it was scary and he asked for 'black ock' but it sounded like 'black cock' and im like ummmmmmmmmmmmm

i have till sat to decide i keep changing my mind arggh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)