Anyone worried specifically about one subject? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I still got SDD/Chem left... and for SDD I feel that can attempt and know thoroughly at least half (maybe upto 3/4) of the questions with confidence, its the remainder I feel I don't know at all, its almost as if the study I do for the subject is futile, it doesn't really stick in I have no idea why ... anyone feeling this?! I got 'till next wednesday, there's 9 topics, I understand the first 3 well, then the next 2 is a little dodgy (coincidently big topics), the remainder I'm more or less fine in as well, even the option topic there's only one little bit I need clarifying ... But for some reason it feels like I know nothing about the subject.
I get questions where I feel like I can never prepare for them, they just seem so out of whack and when I get them it throws me off.

I know this should be SDD forum but I figure I'd hit a potential larger SDD audience and/or people in my position, I got no idea what I should do, I just keep blindly studying hoping it sticks in, I do active study like read then try and process it then right down... My rank isn't too bad, and I was going well most the year but for some reason the SDD exams throw me off

Whereas chemistry I feel more than ready, Its like I can recall facts for most things and attempt most if not all questions, yet chemistry is harder?

In my trial I got 65% raw for SDD and I was hoping to get at least 80s for the HSC :( the past HSC papers (2001-2003) are just so hard!!! and 2004's doesn't seem that bad, I just hope they keep it that easy this year.

Anyone else feel stressed/panicky like me on a particular subject?

al_x

short*
HSC
I feel this way about physics! I study more for physics than any other subject, yet its not like im revising, its like im learning it for the first time! I have physics notes stuck up all around my room and i read them alot, but i do not remember them. Its like physics is a foreign language! Its been this way all year. in the trials i was lucky enough to scrape 58%, but thats nothing! There's no way i can do better than that. In yr11 however, i was getting marks in the 70s and i was ranked 5th. now i'm 2nd last :(
I think we just gotta cut our losses and at least be contempt with trying the best that we could, theres no point in letting other subjects suffer because of pointless study that doesnt sink in

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
economics is worrying me
ive not studied a bit for it yet
i went good in trial and assessment but dunno if i can go good in exam

HSC
Casmira said:
I still got SDD/Chem left... and for SDD I feel that can attempt and know thoroughly at least half (maybe upto 3/4) of the questions with confidence, its the remainder I feel I don't know at all, its almost as if the study I do for the subject is futile, it doesn't really stick in I have no idea why ... anyone feeling this?! I got 'till next wednesday, there's 9 topics, I understand the first 3 well, then the next 2 is a little dodgy (coincidently big topics), the remainder I'm more or less fine in as well, even the option topic there's only one little bit I need clarifying ... But for some reason it feels like I know nothing about the subject.
I get questions where I feel like I can never prepare for them, they just seem so out of whack and when I get them it throws me off.

I know this should be SDD forum but I figure I'd hit a potential larger SDD audience and/or people in my position, I got no idea what I should do, I just keep blindly studying hoping it sticks in, I do active study like read then try and process it then right down... My rank isn't too bad, and I was going well most the year but for some reason the SDD exams throw me off

Whereas chemistry I feel more than ready, Its like I can recall facts for most things and attempt most if not all questions, yet chemistry is harder?

In my trial I got 65% raw for SDD and I was hoping to get at least 80s for the HSC :( the past HSC papers (2001-2003) are just so hard!!! and 2004's doesn't seem that bad, I just hope they keep it that easy this year.

Anyone else feel stressed/panicky like me on a particular subject?
2001 was easy.
2002 was reasonably difficult
2003 was FAIR
2004 was easy.
expect a reasonably difficult exam this time :p

Jexi

HSC
Economics and Business. Though Economics more. :S

daniandrow

HSC
society and culture.....its so wishy washy....wish i never did it
love business though.....

Gummy_bear

HSC
Ancient History. You have to remember so much and they usualy only end up asking a question on one specific set of dot points.
Hating it..

BobM

Freaking about Ancient History!!! I Hate all those dot points!! and all those quotes!!! It's just one area i'm scared with...Old Kingdom...
Can't wait for Extension Greek!! WooT!!
Can't wait for Economics!! I'm loving it!

switchblade87

HSC
Well, SDD is my last exam, and I have 5 days to cram, so I'm not too worried. I'm worried about maths though :p bastard exam!

freaked

HSC
I'm dreading the results for PDHPE - did the exam today and felt sick about it the whole time.
I'm also dreading senior science on Monday, which I should be feeling confident about because before this year I was getting high 90s for Science, but things have gone heywire and I don't think I'll do well.
I only got 83% for my trials

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I'm worried that I won't finish in the top 10 (or is it 20?) in the state for physics (the only exam in which I have half a chance of doing so) and thus make my HSC a complete failure.

success

HSC
bit worried about modern, mainly only due to the high volume of information involved, and its all going to come down to one question anyway, so its hard to know what i really need to know! lol

not worried for bussiness cos i love it!

bit worried about economics, think i know a lot of the stuff, but its just a matter of being able to put it into the groups eg MER. and because i feel that i need to do well for my teachers sake, cos he's the best one i've had, and i think that if i didn't have him for economics i would know jack shit! lol glad its on the last day though, cos i can put every last ounce of effort into it!

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
yeah im now worried about how i WENT in health. GAY EXAM. IPT is a bit of a concern for me aswell. last exam i have left now :D

darkroomgirl

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
I'm worried that I won't finish in the top 10 (or is it 20?) in the state for physics (the only exam in which I have half a chance of doing so) and thus make my HSC a complete failure.
If that's the measure for success and failure then we're all screwed.

I'm worried about Ancient History... I've done some good notes but I'm really freaked out that they'll ask about something so obscure yet so specific... which is why I've been looking at the syllabus like crazy. New Kingdom Egypt, die!

Also freaked out about History Extension. My trials weren't as good as I hoped... but that was mostly because I did the exam later than everyone and a bunch of Islander girls were outside the window practicing their traditional dance routine very, very loudly. Plus all those quotes. Grrr... hopefully it'll be alright.

Very much looking forward to Visual Arts :) I'm good at theory, plus it's my last one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)