Anyone's Families Not Very Understanding? (1 Viewer)

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
agentcheeseball said:
Thats not very fair upon either of you for our parents to have expectations like that. My parents have it with me as I have gotten highest academic achievement in year 6 for the year and year 10 and now they think I am a genius and if I dont do well in one part of one subjects they hound about it. Although my mom cant even find out the area of something and my dad cant even spell. My sister isnt very good at school work and so they are kind to her even if she gets average bu for me its not good enough even in a subject im not good at.
That is the same with me. I am not the smartest person in my grade, but I always got good marks in Years 7-10 (my Year 11-12 marks are average-ish, I peaked too early...) because I studied and all that. And I am the middle child. I have two older brothers who didn't do senior school and 2 younger sisters (one is really dumb, the other is not smart but not dumb). When I was doing the SC I was always getting nagged that I had to study more, but my sister who is doing it this year is not expected to do anything. They don't really get upset about her marks, or about the fact no-one in our family has ever seen her study. I feel as if just because I'm that little bit smarter than the rest, they expect me to be a genius...

HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
That is the same with me. I am not the smartest person in my grade, but I always got good marks in Years 7-10 (my Year 11-12 marks are average-ish, I peaked too early...) because I studied and all that. And I am the middle child. I have two older brothers who didn't do senior school and 2 younger sisters (one is really dumb, the other is not smart but not dumb). When I was doing the SC I was always getting nagged that I had to study more, but my sister who is doing it this year is not expected to do anything. They don't really get upset about her marks, or about the fact no-one in our family has ever seen her study. I feel as if just because I'm that little bit smarter than the rest, they expect me to be a genius...
I completely understand! I very much have that as well. I got the highest academic achievement in year 6 for my grade when my parents never though I was smart. Then they thought i would do ok in the school certificate in year 10 and i got the highest academic achievement again for year 10 with the best school certificate. Now they think I am a genius or something and should understand everything. Where I find the transition from year 10 to year 11 subjects is alot more difficult with different expectations.

vg_woz_here

HSC
i have a bro who plays loud doof doof music...and even when you shut the door you can still feel the bass/subwoofer..and its really annoying....and he plays his ps2 loudly...its very annoying.

im the first one to go through the hsc. it sucks.....

cant wait til he goes to school next week

DirtyDancer

HSC
I'm the same as a few of you guys. I'm the first in my family to do the hsc. Neither of my parents did it, my older brother dropped out of school, and the way my younger sister's going, i dont know if she'll stay either.
I have a problem with trying to study, because everytime i do, my mum yells at me to help with the house, because just my luck we have to move house during my bloody hsc. We're due to move in on the 21st of October, so all of my notes are gonna be God-knows where, spread out and what not.
So while i'm trying to cram in some study, my mums always on my back to help clean the house, help back some boxes etc. Argh. Possibly the WORST timing ever.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well I am the 2nd child in my family to go through the HSC, my older brother being the first oh and my dad before him all those years ago. So my family understand completely what going the HSC is like, actually I feel like having a chat with my parents in the next couple of days about what if the worst was to happen and I do have mental blanks in exams etc but we shall see. I think my parents are quite supportive and allow me to have self directed study, although at the moment I wouldn’t mind a push in the right direction.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm the first child in my family to go through the HSC, and generally my parents and sister are considerate; sometimes my sister can be noisy with her music (next door) but she does turn it down/off when I tell her to which is great. :)

HSC
DirtyDancer said:
I'm the same as a few of you guys. I'm the first in my family to do the hsc. Neither of my parents did it, my older brother dropped out of school, and the way my younger sister's going, i dont know if she'll stay either.
I have a problem with trying to study, because everytime i do, my mum yells at me to help with the house, because just my luck we have to move house during my bloody hsc. We're due to move in on the 21st of October, so all of my notes are gonna be God-knows where, spread out and what not.
So while i'm trying to cram in some study, my mums always on my back to help clean the house, help back some boxes etc. Argh. Possibly the WORST timing ever.
Like going through your hsc isn't bad enough. I feel really sorry for you. What I would do though try and take all your notes and put it in a back pack or something and so you can keep it with you so you know all the time where it is. The other thing i will say is try your best to keep studying. Your mother should hopefully begin to understand how much stress your under and how badly you need to study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)