• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone's workplace taken you off the roster cos u're 18? (1 Viewer)

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Well i believe thats the reason to why i havent worked for 5 weeks & been told i'm 'on-call'.

The place i worked at, gave me less & less shifts over three months since i turned 18 & now i'm off completely & they hired new ppl who are all under 18!

And when i asked about why i wasnt working, it sounded like they were saying that it was my flaut because i wanted wenesdays off!

I bet its happened to a few ppl? Want to let off-steam?

stalk_if_u_dare

P.S oh yeah, since i've been 'on-call', they have never rung me to work :(

X

xeuyrawp

stalk_if_u_dare said:
Well i believe thats the reason to why i havent worked for 5 weeks & been told i'm 'on-call'.

The place i worked at, gave me less & less shifts over three months since i turned 18 & now i'm off completely & they hired new ppl who are all under 18!

And when i asked about why i wasnt working, it sounded like they were saying that it was my flaut because i wanted wenesdays off!

I bet its happened to a few ppl? Want to let off-steam?

stalk_if_u_dare

P.S oh yeah, since i've been 'on-call', they have never rung me to work :(
It's unlikely. Usually the extra pay (how much is it?) is worth the more experience the employee brings.

You probably just suck at the job.

HSC
This will be nothing compared to the brutality that workers will face under the new industrial rel. reforms.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
PwarYuex said:
It's unlikely. Usually the extra pay (how much is it?) is worth the more experience the employee brings.

You probably just suck at the job.
Actually, i dont work at maccas (eeww). But i got paid around the $12-13 per hour & i was good at the job, cos i use to work out the front with the fryers & once the boss trusts you, you get to work out the back (no customers! yay!).

Also, i wasnt the only one from the take-away place to be taken off the roster, over ppl over 18 were too.

X

xeuyrawp

stalk_if_u_dare said:
Actually, i dont work at maccas (eeww). But i got paid around the $12-13 per hour & i was good at the job, cos i use to work out the front with the fryers & once the boss trusts you, you get to work out the back (no customers! yay!).

Also, i wasnt the only one from the take-away place to be taken off the roster, over ppl over 18 were too.
You didn't work at maccas (ewww), but you worked at an equally seed-baggy location with deep-friers? Where did you work.

Anyway, that's my experience; you probably screwed up or annoyed the boss.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
PwarYuex said:
You didn't work at maccas (ewww), but you worked at an equally seed-baggy location with deep-friers? Where did you work.

Anyway, that's my experience; you probably screwed up or annoyed the boss.
Actually its not the boss who doesnt do the roaster, its the owner,,,nevermind.
I better not say wot the name of the place that i work at, cos i know some ppl that work there who use this site.

Plus everytime i've screwed up (cos i have done in the early days) my boss would give me a 'pep-talk'. lol. though i might have screwed up cos i wanted wenesdays off..cos thats the reason i was given when i asked. lol

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
* http://community.boredofstudies.org/forumdisplay.php?f=492 --- Shouldn't this be in Employment?

It doesn't look like you are going to get any more shifts so maybe you should ask your employer for a reference might help you with future employee.
Thanks. I better do that. plus im off to do my RSA so i can go get a better job!

See ya fools!

HSC
I know bunnings isnt like this, all our new workers none are even 18, most are 19-20. bunnings doesnt give a shit about pay, it cares if you can deal with the job well and if you can with above expectations rewards you. so far 2 payrises for me :p

Collin

HSC
N/A
More likely that your productivity sucks or your availability change request was a significant one for the business.

Maybe this is their way of saying 'We REALLY want to fire you.. please spare us the effort and just resign."

Harsh, but there's definitely a point there. :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
This will be nothing compared to the brutality that workers will face under the new industrial rel. reforms.
Under a system without incremented minimum wages they would have no need to fire someone on their birthday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)