• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone's workplace taken you off the roster cos u're 18? (2 Viewers)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
Because they would have been fired for looking at the employer the wrong way the day before.
Yeah that's a good way to get a reputation for being a bad employer and be left with NO employees.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Its very much done with the casuals at maccas. Once they get older, they're off the roster.

It doesn't happen at the bigger retail stores, but at stores that are independently owned it certainly happens.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
At my store (a supermarket), there are maybe ~20 front-enders, and only maybe a quarter to a third of them would be under 18. It is company policy that you have to be over 18 to work front-end at night, and all of the U18's still attend school, so us oldies are pretty much assured shifts.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Do you mean front-end as in front-end controller jess? Or you have to be 18 to work on the registers at night?

Cos at our local woolies Id say most of the casuals I see in there (night included) are fairly young.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
To work the registers. I have no idea why, apparently has something to do with getting money, and doing the pods and stuff.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Wow, well there ya go. Pod is a canister right (hehe just comparing terminology)?

Scanorama

HSC
MiuMiu said:
Cos at our local woolies Id say most of the casuals I see in there (night included) are fairly young.
Which Woolies is it? In my Woolies, most check out operators are over 18, once it gets after 10, all of them are at least 30s, no hot chicks :(

*Minka*

HSC
It is common practise at Target. They don't take you off the roster, just stop giving you shifts.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
MiuMiu said:
Its very much done with the casuals at maccas. Once they get older, they're off the roster.
It doesn't happen at the bigger retail stores, but at stores that are independently owned it certainly happens.
THANK YOU!!!!! thats my point....cos i was a good worker, have made mistakes but the boss always told me & kept 'pep-talking' to be better...plus the place is a small business.

Still i think take-aways are really for 1st-time job seekers...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)