anything other than performance?? (1 Viewer)

flosh's gurl

just wondering whether anyone is doing anything other than performance for their individual works?? i know of a couple of people doing costume and program but is anyone doing applied research?? or am i the only one in the entire universe????

Confuzzled?!

HSC
i think you're the only one. lol

I'm doing costume design....out of 15 people..i'm the only one doing it..lol...everyone else is doing performance.

what's applied research?! Lol.

flosh's gurl

i feel so alone. :(
i cant believe that there is no one doing applied research!!! that makes me so sad.

Hannah

UNSW - Arts
HSC
it should make you happy. That way you don't have much competition ;)

What exactly is it by the way?

~bec~

Originally posted by flosh's gurl
i feel so alone. :(
i cant believe that there is no one doing applied research!!! that makes me so sad.
ha well at least you don't have one of the most talented singer/actresses in australia who you are compared to all the time

makes me feel a tad....well inadequate really

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Originally posted by ~bec~

ha well at least you don't have one of the most talented singer/actresses in australia who you are compared to all the time

why? who are u compared to?

~bec~

oh one of mine/hannahs friends is an artistic genius-seriously
shes not famous but its only a matter of time

luckily shes in our group...

dissonance

I know a few people that do theatre review and video, and lots of performers of course. I was gunna to theatre review but I dropped drama at the end of term 1. Not cause I didn't enjoy it but because I had too many other long term projects to do. That said its been fun watching all the groups bicker, or people stressing about their IPs - :D

Hannah

UNSW - Arts
HSC
Originally posted by Confuzzled?!

why? who are u compared to?
yeah she's amazing. Halfway through the year we were assessed on our IP's as though it were our real performance ( a tad unfair seeing as though we were only halfway through it). We all got below 20/30, and she managed to get 29/30.

She's amazing in all the arts - musica, drama, art, english..... a real good freak :D

But it is degrading being compared with her...

dissonance

hmmm, we got a guy like that at out school as well. Won the entire national shakespeare competition and when to london, representing all of australia. Also so happends he tops our music and visual arts classes and english.......

...talented people hmph :p

flosh's gurl

shit guys!! all this competition i didn't know existed!! i was happy living in my own little fantasy when everyone was about on the same level, no major people like you are talking about. damn me living in a shit hole! the best we can do in our drama class is an ex australian ballet student who is the biggest drama queen in the world. she compliments our group though, esp me who is really bad at drama but loves it.
i cant believe no one is doing the same as me!! i dont know whether that is good or bad. i cant make a decision! well back to writing it anyways. i had to be stupid and leave everything to the last minute. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

flosh's gurl

basically what i have to do is research a playwright, theatre company or issue in theatre and write about it. 3500 words. bascially my question is whether Louis Nowra's play Radiance is valid when discussing issues faced by country Aboriginal women. sounds crazy, but i like it.

~bec~

Originally posted by flosh's gurl
sounds crazy, but i like it.
now thats what you have ahead of me

i hate my IP
i wish it would die

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

gonzalina

yes, but ip's are all over now...isn't it wonderful? oh, excpet for you al who are ding performance and haven't done your hsc exam yet!

we do that tomorrow - and ive really screwe up my knee this week! only one more day of pain at least - i just keep aggrevating it more and more, every time who go through our gp!

at least i never have to see my script again! mwahahaha!

UniGirl

Sorry - Bad News

Sorry to tell you but they send your script back to you so you can keep it forever and ever!

gonzalina

i couldn't imagine doing a video drama...WAY too much work! and the whole fact that i've never owned a video camera in my life...and wouldnt have a clue how to do anything, because that would require equipment that i didnt have.

but, if anyone is feeling exceptionally bored, you can read my play if you want...all its missing is a diagram of the stage, cause fanfiction will only upload textfiles... http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=940631 its pretty bad...but nowhere near as bad as my original attempt!

J_Walker

Video drama rules!!!!

It isnt that hard to do and unlike a performance...you cannot stuff up, cos you can easily edit it!.
There are downsides to it , like the greuling hours at the computer and all the written work, but all in all it is fun.

~bec~

Originally posted by ~bec~

what did i tell you....
she was nominated for onstage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)