Appeal/review of exam results? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Just wondering if anyone has ever appealed?
Our sem2 exam results was released ytd and my criminal law mark was unreasonably low. I did alright in essay and CP (low 70s) but overall mark was 5X, which means I barely passed my exam
I usually do ok in exams (70s) so i really cant understand why
Should i appeal? how does it work tho? will your lecturer mark it again or someone else? (my lecturer is really harsh gg)
however my fd suggested not to appeal as someone got lower marks afterwards :S

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
If you honestly believe you performed better, ask for a recount of your marks. Sometimes lecturers leave things out e.g. CP or they type the results in wrong. The consensus though seems to be that this Crim Exam was challenging. Many people did not perform as well as they thought.

In terms of mark recheck, yes sometimes it can go up and sometimes it can go down. I highly doubt they will remark it unless there is a clear problem with your lecturer's marking. Only way to really find out is to wait till next semester to get your paper back and check.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Is a recount and a recheck distinctly separate? Similar thing in asb? Cant find any of this info anywhere

HSC
N/A
I already asked my lecturer to add up the marks again but there wasnt any mistakes
do u know generally how did the cohort perform in this crim exam? is it that bad? i tried to ask my lecturer about the overall performance but she wasnt willing/able to comment on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)