Appealing for my Exam (1 Viewer)

sakurashizune

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

I just recently got my CHEM1031/1051 marks back and shockingly scored 40% which means I got 8/20 in my exam. I really don't think that this is possible because I studied for a whole week for that exam in comparison to BABS1011 where I studied for one day and got 84%.

Also it was computer marked and I don't really trust computers marking exams because if you rub out an answer and replace it, it might still pick up the first one and mark it wrong.

Anyways, I'm actually really confident that I did better than 40% in my exam because the amount of effort I put into it doesn't reflect itself in my marks.

So yeah. Anyone know how to appeal?

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
Its probably right, BABS is piss easy if you've done BIO in HSC which you have and done reasonably well in.

What was the average for CHEM?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Chem is a lot harder than BABS or so my science friends say. So I wouldn't be too surprise. Usually results are correct. Just ask the tutor or lecturer to check your marks again for you if you are in doubt.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You can submit an appeal form at Student Central. The mark is probably correct though.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
just talk to the lecturer in charge, tell him/her that you'd like to review your exam paper with him/her, im sure they'll oblige.

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
The thing that trips most people up in CHEM is units and using the correct formulas. Its tricky to choose the correct R value or converting between SI units like cubic cm to L etc.

You might think you answered correctly but as with most MC quizzes theres always 2 answers that appear correct. But if your really concerned yes so see the lecturer in charge.

If you have issues with CHEM ask your tutor. For 1st years around lunchtime theres always a tutor in Dalton.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Hey guys,

I just recently got my CHEM1031/1051 marks back and shockingly scored 40% which means I got 8/20 in my exam. I really don't think that this is possible because I studied for a whole week for that exam in comparison to BABS1011 where I studied for one day and got 84%.

Also it was computer marked and I don't really trust computers marking exams because if you rub out an answer and replace it, it might still pick up the first one and mark it wrong.

Anyways, I'm actually really confident that I did better than 40% in my exam because the amount of effort I put into it doesn't reflect itself in my marks.

So yeah. Anyone know how to appeal?
Just email/see the tutor/lecturer in charge and ask nicely if they can double check or if you can see your exam paper.
I'm not saying that the mark you got is correct, but remember the effort you put in doesn't equate to marks.

D94

HSC
N/A
If there were calculations, and there were follow on questions, if you got the first part wrong, chances are you got the following parts wrong too, but it being a computer, would just mark you all wrong (whereas, I reckon on a paper exam, you should get follow on error/method marks).

RANK 1

HSC
If there were calculations, and there were follow on questions, if you got the first part wrong, chances are you got the following parts wrong too, but it being a computer, would just mark you all wrong (whereas, I reckon on a paper exam, you should get follow on error/method marks).
it was multiple choice. i got 30 %, which means the person in front really fucked up and i made the mistake of copying off them

D94

HSC
N/A
it was multiple choice. i got 30 %, which means the person in front really fucked up and i made the mistake of copying off them
-_- I obviously read it wrong, but my comment is still very valid.

Especially with the Physics online tests, you mess up one beginning part of a calculation, you've already lost 5 marks out of 10, even if all your working is valid.

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
-_- I obviously read it wrong, but my comment is still very valid.

Especially with the Physics online tests, you mess up one beginning part of a calculation, you've already lost 5 marks out of 10, even if all your working is valid.
Hint on those PHYS test, Google those answers

D94

HSC
N/A
Hint on those PHYS test, Google those answers
I know....I'm sure 99% of the cohort knows...but it wasn't my point. My point is if you stuff up with just one small error in the PHYS prework lab tests, you've basically lost half the available marks. You can obviously Google it, but making a small error from the start will mean you lose plenty of marks, even with correct method.

(I know you're saying it with good intentions, but it's a bit obvious, don't you reckon?)

Last edited:

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
I know....I'm sure 99% of the cohort knows...but it wasn't my point. My point is if you stuff up with just one small error in the PHYS prework lab tests, you've basically lost half the available marks. You can obviously Google it, but making a small error from the start will mean you lose plenty of marks, even with correct method.

(I know you're saying it with good intentions, but it's a bit obvious, don't you reckon?)
You only like like 30% of that that question would have been worth. But I've come to realise people are very picky for even a small mark

sakurashizune

HSC
Uni Grad
btw sakura who are you? because its highly likley ive met you irl
I'm the asian girl with glasses who has either the big blue bag or a winnie the pooh bag. And I'm pretty sure you have met me or seen me. We're in the same chem tute.

RANK 1

HSC
I'm the asian girl with glasses who has either the big blue bag or a winnie the pooh bag. And I'm pretty sure you have met me or seen me. We're in the same chem tute.
yeah ill look out for the bag next chem tute, im the guy in the tute who does absolutely nothing and im usually on my laptop

sakurashizune

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah ill look out for the bag next chem tute, im the guy in the tute who does absolutely nothing and im usually on my laptop
OH!!! I sat two seats away from you once when you were playing video games on your computer and I think you were the one who asked the class if they had a SCIF partner once :O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)