appendices? (1 Viewer)

smelli147

HSC
hey there fellow pippers..hope youre all having fun finishing off ur pips!
i have a question regarding appendices... i have 30 surveys and they are about 3 pages each. should i include them at the end in my appendices or will that be too many pages?
if i don't include them, should i include a blank copy of my survey within the pip? if so, where is the best place to put it?
thanks guys!:) any help is greatly appreciated

Slewpy

HSC
Gday,

In answer to your question, you don't have to include a copy of your survey anywhere at all in your PIP, in the appendix or otherwise. Just including all the results of the survey in the central material is all that's required.

If you want to include it however, put a copy of the uncompleted survey form in as an appendix,

hope that helped, and good luck polishing off your pip!

HSC
smelli147 said:
hey there fellow pippers..hope youre all having fun finishing off ur pips!
i have a question regarding appendices... i have 30 surveys and they are about 3 pages each. should i include them at the end in my appendices or will that be too many pages?
if i don't include them, should i include a blank copy of my survey within the pip? if so, where is the best place to put it?
thanks guys!:) any help is greatly appreciated
i didn't do sac but would a table of results from the survey suffice? that's what i would do if i were you anyway.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
You don't have to have an appendix. Noir is right.

If you would like to put a copy of your survey in, you should just put one blank one in the appendix.

The end.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
A student recently asked me about putting a copy of a blank questionnaires into the Central Material of the PIP. And my reply was:

"Ok, this is an important issue here. I would strongly recommend you not to put your blank copy of your questionnaires into your Central Material. What they meant by "integrating" the information from your primary research into your Central Material is that you extract and synthesises the useful information and incorporate them into your Central Material, not just placing the whole questionnaire or interview questions into your Central Material. If you do so, that will just show the examiners that you were not aware of what are relevant and what's not, thus you were not too sure what to include and what to exclude. This will lower your mark.

The use of appendices are fine but the examiners are not obligated to read them. Most of the times they will ignore them unless you specifically state that they are really important for the understanding of your Central Material. Unfortunately if that happens, the examiners would lower your PIP mark because the examiners would realise that you excluded such an important piece of information from the body of the your PIP by putting it in the appendix.

Overall, it is okay to use appendices, for things like your complete copy of your questionnaires etc. but it is unlikely the examiners will read them. Important info should be all included in your Central Materials, not in the appendices."

COhex

HSC
I didn't even write an appendix, they don't need to see my awesome questions o.0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)