apple i-pad for uni? (1 Viewer)

Tofuu

HSC
tbh, it might be better to get a laptop with a mini tablet

phinal

ohai.
HSC
I've been thinking about this as well, as a supplement to my MacBook pro. So instead of carrying a massive laptop everyday to uni, I can just bring this for note taking and web browsing at uni, while maintaining the MacBook pro as my main computer.

Doomah

HSC
i look more into this, looks pretty useless for uni... just like a large iphone

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
looks pretty enticing. u download and fit all your text books onto it which is definitely better than reading on a netbook/laptop.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
iPads cost $499 - $699. And $629 - $829 if you want 3G.

I got a netbook a few days ago for $390, with almost four times more GB than the largest capacity model of iPad, a headphone jack, USB ports, more battery life, and a keyboard that you can actually use.

iPads are a waste.
I was waiting for someone with common sense to come in and say something. Just seriously... good luck typing on it. It's made for entertainment, not education. Go buy a netbook.

SFinspired

HSC
for some reason everytime i see someone bring a macbook to a lecture i feel like hitting them in the back of the head

MailMofo

HSC
iPads cost $499 - $699. And $629 - $829 if you want 3G.

I got a netbook a few days ago for $390, with almost four times more GB than the largest capacity model of iPad, a headphone jack, USB ports, more battery life, and a keyboard that you can actually use.

iPads are a waste.

Where at? :)

piitb

HSC
This will. Be great. save my back walking up the damm stairs with 4 big ass textbook at unsw

HSC
it can go on facebook, so yes, it's absolutely necessary for uni

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
It will probably make you 20% more attractive.

If this is unimportant go for something which is light and has long battery life.

aussie-boy

HSC
Can you write on it with a stylus? Does it have handwriting recognition?

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
No this is not good for uni.

you can not multitask. It does not have hand writing recognition i do not think. If you want it for textbook's get a kindle

Andi0390

HSC
It doesn't have handwriting recognition? I haven't looked into the specs but was expecting that it definitely would.

I think Apple have a fair way to go to make this a really usable machine. I kind of liked the sound of it but handwriting recognition would be a must for me, if I was getting a tablet.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Fuck this uber-technology shit. I don't even need a computer. I've been using a pacer since kindergarten.

phinal

ohai.
HSC
It should have handwriting recognition... the iPhone does (except it doesnt support english characters, only chinese & jap), though they can just implement that with a firmware update
Only thing that it lacks that I really want is multitasking, battery aint an issue anymore and processor speed isn't either...

If it was something around $1000+ I wouldn't have considered buying it, but since its only going to be around AUD$600- $700ish, it doesn't seem that bad

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Anyone know the battery life of this thing? Cant be bothered checking.

sycho936

HSC
It would be awesome to have around the house, I'd use it all the time. But for uni, you need something more practical, get a netbook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)