• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Applications to UK universities (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
bearpooh said:
To summarize, my marks were pretty average, but I did rather well in the LNAT.

SC: 10 x A 3 x B
( Oxford actually do pay attention to this since it corresponds to their GCE O Levels ! )

Australian science, maths, english and chemistry competitions: multiple distinctions. Also various school prizes, including in public speaking.

HSC: 5 x A 1 x B Got over 90 in 2 subjects.
Including 3 unit maths ( Oxford Law like you to have Maths but do not insist on it )

UAI: 96
I know that it was really bad. I am still deeply embarrassed, a year after the event. My entire family felt that I was a disgrace but were too kind to say so. But I had a heap of personal problems and two deaths in the family to cope with before and during the HSC.

Uni: Distinctions in all first year subjects
Reference: Got a great reference from my law tutor

Submitted written work: Submitted first year law essays that were given distinctions.
Research: working on publishable law research on the HOL

LNAT: Top 2% globally ( Unofficial result obtained orally. Official result awaited )
LNAT Essay (Essay under timed, supervised conditions ): The Oxford admission tutor wrote to me to say that the essay was "obviously first class"
Looks like Mr. bearpooh's admission was weighted heavily on his extra work outside that of university.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
He did kill LNAT. Congrats Bearpooh. Do you have to have prior law knowledge (i.e. do a law degree for a yr) for LNAT?

santaslayer

HSC
I'd imagine a lot of people would be able to kill LNAT. Not many can write research papers though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)