Applied for aldi (1 Viewer)

melizzle

HSC
i applied for aldi ages ago and im guessing i didnt get the job seeing as they didnt even send me a rejection letter. do they just not reply to you if you fail to get the job?

but seriously how hard is it to sit on a chair and scan stuff or even just open a box half way and stack it on the one shelf they have? i think im pretty qualified to do that. i have been working at red rooster for 5yrs. i probably need a new job.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
you've made three threads already, can't you contain it to one?

also, aldi? can't aim higher?

Chrissiieee

HSC
Yeah, it's been open for a few weeks now. I applied there as well and didn't even get a rejection letter as well :(
But i went there the other day and all the employees seem to be early 30's +.

Idk, maybe they were looking for people with vast experience in the super market chains?

melizzle

HSC
wel i have alot of questions. couldnt think of a title for all 3 so why not make 3.
and i need money and aldi was hiring. most jobs other than fast food and supermarkets need experience.

melizzle

HSC
Yeah, it's been open for a few weeks now. I applied there as well and didn't even get a rejection letter as well :(
But i went there the other day and all the employees seem to be early 30's +.

Idk, maybe they were looking for people with vast experience in the super market chains?
30? gosh you think they would hire younger people coz they'd be cheaper.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i applied for aldi ages ago and im guessing i didnt get the job seeing as they didnt even send me a rejection letter. do they just not reply to you if you fail to get the job?

but seriously how hard is it to sit on a chair and scan stuff or even just open a box half way and stack it on the one shelf they have? i think im pretty qualified to do that. i have been working at red rooster for 5yrs. i probably need a new job.
this is probably why they didn't contact you tbh. if that was your attitude, i wouldn't hire you either. it doesn't matter how easy a job is, you would have had to interact with customers every day, and who wants to talk to someone who obviously doesn't care? same goes with any job, really. I mean fair enough, it's a supermarket job, you don't have to jump over the moon about it but at the same time, do you really think being so neg on the skills required is the best way to go about it?

idk, maybe im overanalysing

melizzle

HSC
this is probably why they didn't contact you tbh. if that was your attitude, i wouldn't hire you either. it doesn't matter how easy a job is, you would have had to interact with customers every day, and who wants to talk to someone who obviously doesn't care? same goes with any job, really. I mean fair enough, it's a supermarket job, you don't have to jump over the moon about it but at the same time, do you really think being so neg on the skills required is the best way to go about it?

idk, maybe im overanalysing

my attitude on here is totally different when i applied. i wouldnt act like that when applying for a job.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
but why would you even bother? if that's what you really think, can you expect to do well?

CieL

HSC
30? gosh you think they would hire younger people coz they'd be cheaper.
If you've analysed their business strategy you'd realise that they only employ adults and they all get the same wage of $21/hr.
They also only have about 4-6 people per store so they only employ able people who they know will be efficient instead of bludgey kids.
Checkout operators are also required to memorize a vast number of PLUs [up to 700] to increase efficiency due to the low number of staff.
Given that you have only worked at red rooster which does not require categorial memorization, nor aquired previous knowledge on the types of products.. i'd say you're not hired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)