apply UAI by phone. (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
If you MUST send in Supplementary Form A, then YES.

Read the section in your UAC guide about "who must fill out Supp Form A" or something... it is also on the UAC website.

www.uac.edu.au :)

Basically, as far as i know:

* if you want someone else to accept uni offers for you
* if you sat for STAT (not RET) test, pharmacy
* if you accelerated in an HSC subject, or have completed at least 1 HSC subject prior to year 12.

there are more conditions, but you can read about them on the website, and/or UAC 2004 guide. there's a section dedicated to Supp Form A. (this is in the student edition of the UAC 2004 guide)

:)

Azn fairies

in page 49 of uac first line it state " if you are attempting one or more coures of an austrailan year 12 in 2003 ...then you must fill out the supp form A"....

what the??? sory im crap - i know

Huy

HSC
N/A
A Supplementary Form A application should only be submitted if you are a current Year 12 student and:

* have previously attempted a Year 12 in Australia or overseas including students who are accumulating/repeating or previously completed at least 1 subject
* are currently attempting both an Australian Year 12 and an International Baccalaureate in Australia
* previously completed a NSW Limited UAI
* have previously attempted Australian preparation studies for tertiary entrance
* are currently attempting a Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT); this does not include the 2003 UWS Regional Entry Test (RET)
* have previously attempted a STAT; this includes if you sat the UWS RET in 2002
* are currently attempting or have previously attempted tertiary studies overseas or in Australia such as TAFE NSW Pathways
* have continuous employment experience of more than one year full-time (this does not include a part-time after school job)
* have qualifications or employment experience under a previous name.

Important Note:
You should only submit a Supplementary Form A application if you are a current Year 12 student and one or more of the above conditions apply.

In a nutshell? If you have:

* repeated Year 12 in any country (australia or overseas)
* accelerated or are repeating any HSC subject
* completed a limited UAI (you must apply for this, this isnt the same as not being 'eligible' for a UAI)
* sat for STAT, not the UWS RET test (which is a form of STAT)
* completed, or are currently completing Pathways
* Employment for more than 1 year, full employment

That's basically it.

Most people I know would be STAT candidates, or have accelerated say in Maths (Years 10 or 11), and are re-sitting 2U maths this year. (like me :))

SoFTuaRiaL

the whole line reads
"if u are attempting one or more courses of an australian yr 12 u must fill out spp form a if you "
and goes on to list the set of conditions/requisites for filling in the form

if any of those in the list apply to u, then fill in the form, else dont

Azn fairies

thx. huy- u should me a MOD for BOS, u are everywhere and always helping :p

-> lol u accerlated 2u math and redoing -

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Da Monstar
the whole line reads
"if u are attempting one or more courses of an australian yr 12 u must fill out spp form a if you "
and goes on to list the set of conditions/requisites for filling in the form

if any of those in the list apply to u, then fill in the form, else dont
That is true :)

...but your simple answer of "no" could be misleading, as azn fairies could be a STAT candidate, could have accelerated in subjects, could be doing pathways and so on.

But I know what you're saying,

Generally, you say No because most are doing Year 12 for the first time, no acceleration, "standard/normal" year 12 education.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)