Applying for a remark? (1 Viewer)

N

ND

Ok i knew that i didn't do too well in the exam, but never did i think i'd get 90 for ext2... hmmm... Anyone know how to apply for a remark and how much it costs? Also i got 94 for ext1, and i did the paper again and there's no way i got less than 78/84. I have no idea what's going on, to say it's a shock is a massive understatement. And in a final irony, it turns out that my english (exam) mark is equal to my 4u mark, wtf... This makes me want to repeat...

toto

HSC
man I got damn low marks for 4U, I wonder will they scale again like... I got 56 assessment marks and that drag me down, but as everyone knows even tho you get 50 for 4U you may get 70 or higher, I could sure I didn't get that less, so sad

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
:eek: i still don't believe that u got 90 for ext 2! i mean, some one dumb like me got 93! :s lol, they prolly made a mistake for the better for me. :D

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i don't think they actually remark ur paper
they just check if there's been any clerical errors, i think, so don't quote me

but for 3u maths, same. my external marks was only 94, and i thought i would get around 78 raw too, guess it must've been a pretty easy paper for everyone else...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if it's a remark, because it's just clerical checks, ie. they add your marks up again.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Hmm.. my results aren't too great in phyics, chem and english.

If you want to repeat, and anyone want to repeat, consider doing so in James Ruse. We'll make the "bos veteran" gang. We'll organise secret meetings, and we'll be the school's legend. We'll solve the riemann hypothesis there...

Just kidding man, i think you gotta remember that uai isn't everything. Numbers never decides a person's life, and it certainly won't be you.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
The clerical people will check to see if everything has been marked and added up properly. If it hasnt, then they obviously have to mark it...
$11 btw to get that done. Form is on the boArdofstudies site.

ND: I had 94 internal for 3U, and 95 for the exam, but I didn't think I got to 78/84 (75 or 76 maybe).

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Doesn't it? I remember last year, someone got Ext2 English changed (up) a bit, and got their UAI changed as well.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i just like to whinge about how maths just sucked in general this year

sifnt gimme 2002 exams

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
It's not worth getting your marks re-checked IMO, since they don't re-mark your exam, they just make sure the marks are added up correctly. Last year I got my chem mark re-checked and it wasn't changed. It's just a money making scheme for BOS, spend your 11 bucks elsewhere.

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ND
Also i got 94 for ext1, and i did the paper again and there's no way i got less than 78/84. I have no idea what's going on, to say it's a shock is a massive understatement.
I know I got ~73 raw in the 3U exam, which got aligned to an exam mark of 95. The maximum I could have gotten (if they marked unfinished working) is 75-76, I didn't answer enough to get any more than that. Are you sure you're estimating your raw mark correctly?

Oh BTW, averages this year for 3U and 4U maths went down a lot compared to previous years. Average marks for 3U was 79, average for 4U was 81.

Last edited:

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Skywalker
Oh BTW, averages this year for 3U and 4U maths went down a lot compared to previous years. Average marks for 3U was 79, average for 4U was 81.
That's strange. I can see the 4 unit going down. It was a bloody ripper. But the 3 unit? There wasn't anything REALLY testing. The last question, fine, but the rest of it was pretty straightforward.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah true ...but then not all people who did 3U did 4U and there are more ppl doing both this year...

don't repeat man, i don't think its worth it.

N

ND

Thanks for all the help.

Originally posted by Skywalker
I know I got ~73 raw in the 3U exam, which got aligned to an exam mark of 95. The maximum I could have gotten (if they marked unfinished working) is 75-76, I didn't answer enough to get any more than that. Are you sure you're estimating your raw mark correctly?
Yep i'm sure, i did the paper again the following weekend, so the answers i got during the exam were still fresh in my mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)