Applying for Accommodation (1 Viewer)

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Because I'm applying from the U.K. for a place at UQ starting Feb 08, I'm going to use the apply by web application. But if I want to apply for accommodation can I do this over the internet as well or do I have to send in an application form by post? I want to apply to either Cromwell or Emmanuel, but if I apply to Cromwell I preferably want a Deluxe room, can I specify this on the form or do I just get what's given?

Thanks
Pommy Babe :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
You should email accomodation services and ask.

iEdd

HSC
Hmm. Seems the UQ forum isn't very active. I had a look at the Cromwell site, but couldn't find any info on the deluxe rooms. Did I miss something, or do you guys just know about the deluxe rooms from word of mouth?

iEdd

HSC
Oh okay. So do you know the details of a deluxe room (what you get, price, etc) and how hard/easy is it to get into one?

Trev

stix
HSC
It's easy to get that kind of room, it's getting into Cromwell you have to worry about.
They should have a facts sheet on the website with all prices etc, but it would be about 14k. Some have their own bathroom or share a bathroom with another room (two way bathroom) and some have airconditioning. Just ring and enquire.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I hope you've applied already -- they close tomorrow (If you haven't already figured it out, there's an online application here). I don't know if most people get turned down or not, but it doesn't really matter, does it? All you can do is try and get in on your own merits. As Trev has already said, it's easier to get into a deluxe room because most people don't want to pay the extra money, and, I would imagine, most people just want to be a normal college student in a normal room. I did, anyway.

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
starbaaa said:
I hope you've applied already -- they close tomorrow (If you haven't already figured it out, there's an online application here). I don't know if most people get turned down or not, but it doesn't really matter, does it? All you can do is try and get in on your own merits. As Trev has already said, it's easier to get into a deluxe room because most people don't want to pay the extra money, and, I would imagine, most people just want to be a normal college student in a normal room. I did, anyway.
No I applied ages ago, I was just wondering, because if I don't get the accomodation then my parents aren't going to make me go to Oz. Thing is we have visa's which if i don't come out this year, will expire. So if I don't get my course which is unlikely, it's OP 6 I'm OP 2, or if I don't get my accomodation then I don't have to come and I can stay here. I mean it's not that I don't want to come it's just I'm leaving everything and everyone I know and my family aren't coming out until 2 years time and tbh I quite liked the u.k. uni's as I've seen them and everything and although the UQ website is helpful it doesn't truly let me see what it's like, and my bf has just gone off to uni here and my parents don't understand. :burn:

Pommy Babe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)