APPLYING for late round. (1 Viewer)

Pierotte

HSC
Ok, so i got my 2nd pref.

I SHOULD be happy. But im not.

So how do I APPLY for late round offers?

Because i didn't get my first pref am I AUTOMATICALLY considered for late round offers?

Or do I have to APPLY in some way.

Ok, i missed out my my 1st pref by 0.7 points (yeah fun.). The course has flexible entry for if one is up to 5 UAI points below. I applied for flexi entry.

What are my chances? Really?

Im thinking i should maybe give up all hope of a late round offer, considering I didn't get an offer in this round what could my chances of getting a late round offer possibly be?

I mean if i didn't get a main round offer doesn't that mean the course is allready full? full without me? They have to need for me? They don't love me? UGH!

How do late round offers even work?? I mean in they main round theyd offer it to enough people to fill up the course right? Why would they leave gaps? It doesnt make sense!

Is applying for late round offers just a joke?

Lets not even talk about final round!

Im going to accept this offer.

But i still desperately want a late round offer.

I don't want to have to do this transfer shit, it seems like a bitch.

Would it be best to try apply for a compliemntary course at the same uni?

I need a hug.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Pierotte said:
Ok, so i got my 2nd pref.

I SHOULD be happy. But im not.

So how do I APPLY for late round offers?

Because i didn't get my first pref am I AUTOMATICALLY considered for late round offers?

Or do I have to APPLY in some way.

Ok, i missed out my my 1st pref by 0.7 points (yeah fun.). The course has flexible entry for if one is up to 5 UAI points below. I applied for flexi entry.

What are my chances? Really?

Im thinking i should maybe give up all hope of a late round offer, considering I didn't get an offer in this round what could my chances of getting a late round offer possibly be?

I mean if i didn't get a main round offer doesn't that mean the course is allready full? full without me? They have to need for me? They don't love me? UGH!

How do late round offers even work?? I mean in they main round theyd offer it to enough people to fill up the course right? Why would they leave gaps? It doesnt make sense!

Is applying for late round offers just a joke?

Lets not even talk about final round!

Im going to accept this offer.

But i still desperately want a late round offer.

I don't want to have to do this transfer shit, it seems like a bitch.

Would it be best to try apply for a compliemntary course at the same uni?

I need a hug.
aww *hugs*
if ur first preference still has (V) that means it still has vacancies
that meabs ur still in with a chance since ur only .7 away from ur desired course
i suggest u put that as ur first preference and hope for the best
in the meantime accept ur 2nd preference

neelz

HSC
ahh bugger! *hugs*

at least your a better chance than me. i'm really ticked off.

for the vtac i missed my first pref even though i was 10 over, I missed my second pref cos i was 1.6 below! :( and now the offer i got they want us to enrol next tues and make all fee payments.. grr.. before even second round offers

and for uac i missed my ANU B Comm/B Arts by 2.55 i don't know if i'll get a late round offer.

I seriously dunno what to do!!! really annoyed atm!!!

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmm. bsacially ur allowed to accept ur offer.. change ur preferences and for everything above what you've accepted, you get taken into consideration for.

all arch seems to have 0 vacancies... but that will change given who declines offer/where.

you're gunna be an architect :) so be happys :)

bsaically just wait and see what happens in the next round. :)

i think you should come to uts cause one of my bestest friends also got in, and im drunk as pandas on a rainbow full of candy and lamingtions so yeah!

anyway, goodluck with ze next round! <3 all architects :)

Gummy_bear

HSC
neelz said:
ahh bugger! *hugs*

at least your a better chance than me. i'm really ticked off.

for the vtac i missed my first pref even though i was 10 over, I missed my second pref cos i was 1.6 below! :( and now the offer i got they want us to enrol next tues and make all fee payments.. grr.. before even second round offers

and for uac i missed my ANU B Comm/B Arts by 2.55 i don't know if i'll get a late round offer.

I seriously dunno what to do!!! really annoyed atm!!!
Can they do that? It seems really wrong.

hApPy1

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
aww *hugs*
if ur first preference still has (V) that means it still has vacancies
that meabs ur still in with a chance since ur only .7 away from ur desired course
i suggest u put that as ur first preference and hope for the best
in the meantime accept ur 2nd preference
V's? what V's where! lol no seriously- where do u go to find vacancies in ur courses? i mean- its not in teh actualy offer off the uac website i dont see..

Pierotte

HSC
Firstly: thankyou for the hugs :)

Secondly: azn gangsta, thnx for the info.

Neelz: what the hell? It sounds like u got screwed. Im really so sorry to hear about it. Hope uni is a ball for you anyway! Here, it sounds like you really need a hug, *hug*!

Purple: Thnx for putting it into perspective. Yes, we are going to be architects. heheh crazy huh? And well still have go out drinking no matter what uni im at.

By the way where do i check these vacancies at?

HSC
same here. i got my 2nd preference but further talk with knowledgeable people make me want to change to my 3rd or 4th preference... :(

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
just check the thread laz posted in uni-general :) ... it has the cut-offs listed (and that none of the uts, usyd, unsw courses have vacancies in arch atm :( )

but this is all really inconclusive since im guessing a fair few people would have recieved offers in arch that they dont want. so just wait and see ;)

if you have your heart set on usyd, just leave it has pref #1 .... if you dont make it, its really not hard to transfer if you do ok in first yr :) (who knows, you might like it where-ever you end up)

atm, im thinking after the first 3 yr degree it might be an idea to go to usyd for the post grad stuff (if the whole chg to masters of Arch goes down), since their options seem to be very flexible.

anyway, really its not a big deal career-wise ... architects from all uni's are in farily equal demand ... just hopefully this demand is still high when we graduate!

alcamaholic beverages meatup for teh bos-archi club is a must@!!!!!@#$#% :) <3

cimbom

HSC
I missed my second preference- b.economic and social sciences, at USYD, by 0.15... if there are vacancies, maybe? Because that is even closer under than what my uai was over last year's cutoff for international studies :( ...

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
a small question

just a small question, a bit off topic:

if you get a combination of a DFEE and a CSP offer in the same round, can u accept for two of them, or only accept one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)