• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Applying for Scholarships (1 Viewer)

istheturkeyout

HSC
i'm in year 11 this year and i've been told that next year i'd have to apply for scholarships... i was wondering what you have to include in the application for a scholarship? i've been told that you have to write an application and all of that but i have a tendency to give lectures in my 500 word spiel about myself... i sort of dislike bragging about myself in my application... i was wondering if it is necessary to brag about myself in an application to get a scholarship? (i have reasons in saying this cause a girl at my school lied in her application to get into NYSF (National Youth Science Forum).. she got into district selections but didn't get in... i'm not quite sure why.. but meh, she's been saying cause she is an introvert and at group interviews the extroverts had advantage over her... overall i believe your status is where people decide to put you and not by whether you brag about yourself and say that you're better) see i'm doing it again... the whole lecture when it is quite unnecessary... thanks:apig:

shady145

Banned
HSC
i'm in year 11 this year and i've been told that next year i'd have to apply for scholarships... i was wondering what you have to include in the application for a scholarship? i've been told that you have to write an application and all of that but i have a tendency to give lectures in my 500 word spiel about myself... i sort of dislike bragging about myself in my application... i was wondering if it is necessary to brag about myself in an application to get a scholarship? (i have reasons in saying this cause a girl at my school lied in her application to get into NYSF (National Youth Science Forum).. she got into district selections but didn't get in... i'm not quite sure why.. but meh, she's been saying cause she is an introvert and at group interviews the extroverts had advantage over her... overall i believe your status is where people decide to put you and not by whether you brag about yourself and say that you're better) see i'm doing it again... the whole lecture when it is quite unnecessary... thanks:apig:
haha, i made it to there and never went... i didnt want to go down to sydney in my last real holidays for the year
anyhow, i applied for a scholarship and i didnt brag about myself to much, i just had heaps of supporting material.
if you go on UQ's website it tells you everything u need to know. and for academic ones you need 96 minimum ATAR or OP 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)