Applying for Selective School for Year 11, any suggestions? (1 Viewer)

xxAkiko

HSC
N/A
I want to apply for St George Girls, Sydney Girls and North Sydney Girls next year, but I'm not sure which school to choose as the fourth choice...Is Fort Street a good choice?

The school i currently go to is not a selective. I came first in Math, Science and Chemistry (accelerated subject) in the year 10 half yearly report, but came 8th for English. My NAPLAN results were pretty good (Band 10 for everything except spelling, got all questions right for math).
I have High Distinction, Distinction and Credits awards for competitions.
I have also been volunteering at the library in our suburb since the beginning of the year.
What are my chances of getting in?

As for the application form for St George Girls, what should i write about in the personal attributes section?

Thanks in advance for any help~ :smile:

Last edited:

Thief

!!
HSC
I want to apply for St George Girls, Sydney Girls and North Sydney Girls next year, but I'm not sure which school to choose as the fourth choice...Is Fort Street a good choice?

The school i currently go to is not a selective. I came first in Math, Science and Chemistry (accelerated subject) in the year 10 half yearly report, but came 8th for English. My NAPLAN results were pretty good (Band 10 for everything except spelling, got all questions right for math).
I also have High Distinction, Distinction and Credits awards for competitions.
What are my chances of getting in?

As for the application form for St George Girls, what should i write about in the personal attributes section?

Thanks in advance for any help~ :smile:
Well your report seems good. Some schools have an extrance exam (like NSG) which is a main factor in whether you get in or not.

If you live anywhere near Hornsby girls, you could try for that? My sister tried out for NSG and iirc she said the entrance exam for hornsby/nsg was held at the same time - as in you could apply to both schools with the one entrance exam.

Fort Street is a decent school (had a friend who went there) and it's co-ed as well (if you'd prefer that lol).

Best of luck! =)

xxAkiko

HSC
N/A
Well your report seems good. Some schools have an extrance exam (like NSG) which is a main factor in whether you get in or not.

If you live anywhere near Hornsby girls, you could try for that? My sister tried out for NSG and iirc she said the entrance exam for hornsby/nsg was held at the same time - as in you could apply to both schools with the one entrance exam.

Fort Street is a decent school (had a friend who went there) and it's co-ed as well (if you'd prefer that lol).

Best of luck! =)
Hornsby is quite far away from where i live, so it's a little hard for me to attend that school ^^
The people i know that applied for Fort Street were all rejected, so is it really hard to get in?

Thank you for the luck and advice~ ^^

starshine02

HSC
Well, your academics seem pretty good but what about other things eg extra curriculars? I'd say Fort St isn't too bad, same with St George. Don't worry about other people, just think about yourself. I don't think it's too hard if you have good academics or others. Good luck :)

xxAkiko

HSC
N/A
Well, your academics seem pretty good but what about other things eg extra curriculars? I'd say Fort St isn't too bad, same with St George. Don't worry about other people, just think about yourself. I don't think it's too hard if you have good academics or others. Good luck :)
i have been doing volunteering work at my local library for more than half a year now, is that good for extra curricular activity?
um...what do you mean by think about myself?

Thanks for the luck ^^

starshine02

HSC
i have been doing volunteering work at my local library for more than half a year now, is that good for extra curricular activity?
um...what do you mean by think about myself?

Thanks for the luck ^^
Volunteering is pretty good so put that down somewhere :) Oh I just meant don't compare to other people lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)