Approximate ATAR calculation help (1 Viewer)

Qwerty2059

HSC
Hey, just wondering what ATAR could be possible for me with these overall ranks.

Community and family studies- 4th/33
Business Studies- 15th/47
Society and Culture- 4th/35
English advanced- 22nd/33 😭
Maths Standard 2- 60th/94 😭😭

It's not the best for some subjects, but a lot of what I have gotten wrong, I can improve on for HSC easy, so if I do really well for hsc like 85+ external marks, but hopefully in the 90s, what ATAR is possible?

I am going for something in the 80s, but that could be a bit hopeful maybe 😅

Thank you!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It would be helpful to provide additional information such as the number of band 6's achieved at your school in each of your subjects as this can assist in providing a more accurate assessment of your current position. However, from the information in your post:
  • Your position in Community and Family Studies as well as Society and Culture seems favourable and will likely bring you closer to your ATAR goal. It is therefore important to ensure that you also maintain this standard by doing your best in your HSC exam for each subject.
  • Your rank in Business Studies is slightly more difficult to comment on, although being towards the upper half of your cohort could be a positive indicator. Regardless, you should make sure to thoroughly prepare for your Business Studies HSC exam in order to achieve the best possible result.
  • As you are already aware, your ranks in English Advanced and Mathematics Standard are the least favourable compared to your other subjects. This calls for the need to prioritise both subjects as you prepare for your HSC exams. Favourable performance in the HSC exam of each subject (alongside your other subjects) will be crucial if you wish to maximise your chances of achieving your desired ATAR.
Overall, I think that, provided you thoroughly prepare and perform to the best of your abilities in your HSC exams, an ATAR in your specified range should be achievable. Of course, additional information could allow you to obtain a clearer perspective as to your position heading into your HSC exams as mentioned.

I hope this helps! 😄

idkkdi

HSC
Hey, just wondering what ATAR could be possible for me with these overall ranks.

Community and family studies- 4th/33
Business Studies- 15th/47
Society and Culture- 4th/35
English advanced- 22nd/33 😭
Maths Standard 2- 60th/94 😭😭

It's not the best for some subjects, but a lot of what I have gotten wrong, I can improve on for HSC easy, so if I do really well for hsc like 85+ external marks, but hopefully in the 90s, what ATAR is possible?

I am going for something in the 80s, but that could be a bit hopeful maybe 😅

Thank you!
school rank?

Qwerty2059

HSC
It would be helpful to provide additional information such as the number of band 6's achieved at your school in each of your subjects as this can assist in providing a more accurate assessment of your current position. However, from the information in your post:
  • Your position in Community and Family Studies as well as Society and Culture seems favourable and will likely bring you closer to your ATAR goal. It is therefore important to ensure that you also maintain this standard by doing your best in your HSC exam for each subject.
  • Your rank in Business Studies is slightly more difficult to comment on, although being towards the upper half of your cohort could be a positive indicator. Regardless, you should make sure to thoroughly prepare for your Business Studies HSC exam in order to achieve the best possible result.
  • As you are already aware, your ranks in English Advanced and Mathematics Standard are the least favourable compared to your other subjects. This calls for the need to prioritise both subjects as you prepare for your HSC exams. Favourable performance in the HSC exam of each subject (alongside your other subjects) will be crucial if you wish to maximise your chances of achieving your desired ATAR.
Overall, I think that, provided you thoroughly prepare and perform to the best of your abilities in your HSC exams, an ATAR in your specified range should be achievable. Of course, additional information could allow you to obtain a clearer perspective as to your position heading into your HSC exams as mentioned.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank-you!! Actually found out my rank for business studies is 9/47, so I am doing even better than I thought for that as well!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)