Arab-Israeli Question - What did you think? (1 Viewer)

uglyjack007

HSC
I thought the questions were really hard, as it was heaps speicifc. Not a fan at all.. messed it up so bad, so i just wrote about other stuff... 5/25 if that for me.
What did u guys this?

afghanknight

HSC
Yeah same here. I knew everything else in the period except that specific war. I dont know how they will mark it. Althogh the question said ASSESS so i said it intiated the arab nationalism but said other wars were more important

nicole1223456

HSC
i loved the question. i did the conflict one from 1948 war. i was so happy with the question. u had to talk about y the war sparked off conflict. eg land taken and refugees. then u went onto the suez crisis , closing of gulf of aquaba, oil embargo, 1967 war, changing nature of the PLO and resolution 242. u blame all of that on results of the 1948 war.

Cabrello

HSC
oh dear god...how cld they ask about that war....I really wanted something on foreign influences and all...48 war was a worthless piece of shit, other than the creation of israel i dont think it did anything, especialy given the 'conflict' they wanted us to refer to were 56 and 67 which were started by israel .

56 was fought for england and frances motives
67 is a million times more important in its own right
73 was the only one started by the arabs (not counting 48, Israel are the invaders on Arab land) but more importantly question bookended it at 1967

I spent the entire thing chucking a mel gibson and saying the conflicts were a result of zionist expansionism and pretty much used exclusively arab historians... i have my biases

Last edited:

Megan5

HSC
The four wars [1948, suez crisis, 6 day war and yom kippur + peace process] were burned into my memory. I hardly studied for Arab/Israeli and was an absolute wreck this morning - thinking I was going to fail that section and that they would ask settler movement or two extremely hard and specific questions.
I was joking with a friend how it would be a 'dream question' if we got one on the wars - and we did.
It was all in my head. I was quite relieved when I saw that question - I'm sure most people stayed away from peace process question.
That would have been hard.
Have to get ready for Ext. History now. Should be fun..

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
i thought it was ok. I think i might have talked about the wrong stuff cuz u guys branched out but i only briefly mentioned the 1956 and 1967 wars in like one sentence. Haha oops. I said it ended the chance of a Palestinian state and led to the huge refugee problem. This camps were then places where terrorist groups were formed. I also said it pitted the arabs against the israelis and put them in a situation where they could not negotiate, leading to furhter conflict. Sounds like i didnt put enough... oh well i had some good historiography in there, hopefully that saves me

ERWighton

HSC
Did anyone do the intifada question? I'd been worried I didn't know the second half as well so studied it heaps more! Just wondering what people wrote. I said how it did, also that groups like Hamas linked with the intifada hindered peace rather than promoted it and talked about other things that moved the Israeli's to favour the peace process.

Cabrello

HSC
I wdlve been over the moon with the peace process....yeah intifada was a gay question, everyone in my school did the first one, our teacher told us to always do assess if theres the option

sillysana

HSC
i thought 1948 was a gay question so i did intifada which i studied more....but i think i did my worst in this sections...its a hard topic truly

simply__me

HSC
Yeah I did the first one.

I had an hour to do this section but it was the topic I least studied for.. so.. in saying that.. I'm hoping about.. 10-13/25 for this section. :( I realise now that my essay was a little all over the place because I was basically writing whatever I could remember. The order of events just didn't matter.. i only got a few specific dates and figures down...

GAYYYY!

kgrima

HSC
The PLO didn't change tactics in that period they were pretty ineffective as they were dominated by Jordan, Fatah was more prominent, and could we have talked about the six day war or not? caues its up until 1967, damn i wish the question was on peace process, occupied territories or superpowers, anyway its over

walter88

HSC
it was very dissapointing that i didn't do this topic at school. iwanted to do it but my teacher didn't. it's pretty hard to understand this topic if your not involved, and to understand the conflict u need to understand the people. i would have been good in this topic because i come from the region and i know a lot about it. :burn:

Cabrello

HSC
walter88 said:
it was very dissapointing that i didn't do this topic at school. iwanted to do it but my teacher didn't. it's pretty hard to understand this topic if your not involved, and to understand the conflict u need to understand the people. i would have been good in this topic because i come from the region and i know a lot about it. :burn:
I used to think that but then i learnt from the Jewish chick in my class. You probably would have been better off with Arafat because you can be opinionated on the personalities, but she kept getting marked down for being too biased in her analysises.

I suppose its hard to stay dispassionate, then again she wanted to be involved.

truper

HSC
Cabrello said:
oh dear god...how cld they ask about that war....I really wanted something on foreign influences and all...48 war was a worthless piece of shit, other than the creation of israel i dont think it did anything, especialy given the 'conflict' they wanted us to refer to were 56 and 67 which were started by israel .

56 was fought for england and frances motives
67 is a million times more important in its own right
73 was the only one started by the arabs (not counting 48, Israel are the invaders on Arab land) but more importantly question bookended it at 1967

I spent the entire thing chucking a mel gibson and saying the conflicts were a result of zionist expansionism and pretty much used exclusively arab historians... i have my biases
Yup, blame it all on Israel... that's why as soon as the nation of Israel was re-established in the Judean-Samarian region, the Arabs started attacking (with Israel winning). That's why Israel is considered to be the only "free" nation in the Middle East, with Palestinians represented in the Knesset. That's why Israel gives more than US$100 million in aid to the PA per month. That's why Israel is committed to give up her rightful land for "peace". That's why Israel is the second most developed nation in Asia, with people from many nationalities and religions living side by side. Your bias is absolutely stupid and shows your ignorance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)