Archaea (1 Viewer)

marshmellow1990

HSC
does anyone have any information concerning this dot point?
  • describe the main features of the environment of an organism from one of the following groups and identify its role in that environment:
- Archaea
- Bacteria

concerning archaea only? i can't find specifics

thankyou for any help

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
holy shit. is that you cheryl? ok if not i'm sorry, Cheryl is this girl from my biology class who i was working with on this dotpoint (and 2 others).
2. Describe the main features of the environment occupied by eubacteria and identify the role of this organism in its ecosystem:

The Eubacteria are an ancient and diverse group.
Different species have evolved to fit in every type of environment and lifestyle.
Often classified by their oxygen requirements and by the type of nutrition in which they engage.
Many fulfil important roles in their ecosystems
Can be producers, decomposers or live in symbiosis
Can be heterotrophs or autotrophs
Of the heterotrophs, majority are decomposers but few are parasites
Of the autotrophs, they can be photosynthetic or chemosynthetic
Aerobic or anaerobic
Anaerobes respire by fermentation and live in anoxic or oxic environments. Some are indifferent to the presence of oxygen.
Some eubacterium have two respiratory pathways, one that uses oxygen and one that doesn’t
Obligate anaerobes cannot tolerate oxygen and are poisoned in the presence of it

USE AS SOURCE ONLY!!! coolies.

Last edited:

PrettyVacant

HSC
Tiffanys said:
holy shit. is that you cheryl? ok if not i'm sorry, Cheryl is this girl from my biology class who i was working with on this dotpoint (and 2 others).
2. Describe the main features of the environment occupied by eubacteria and identify the role of this organism in its ecosystem:

The Eubacteria are an ancient and diverse group.
Different species have evolved to fit in every type of environment and lifestyle.
Often classified by their oxygen requirements and by the type of nutrition in which they engage.
Many fulfil important roles in their ecosystems
Can be producers, decomposers or live in symbiosis
Can be heterotrophs or autotrophs
Of the heterotrophs, majority are decomposers but few are parasites
Of the autotrophs, they can be photosynthetic or chemosynthetic
Aerobic or anaerobic
Anaerobes respire by fermentation and live in anoxic or oxic environments. Some are indifferent to the presence of oxygen.
Some eubacterium have two respiratory pathways, one that uses oxygen and one that doesn’t
Obligate anaerobes cannot tolerate oxygen and are poisoned in the presence of it

USE AS SOURCE ONLY!!! coolies.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL if it's Cheryl.

MAJOR LOL!

;)

PrettyVacant

HSC
K fine, it's not Cheryl.

Gosh, learn to read profiles Tiffany.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Well, archaea is a group of extremely diverse and peculiar microorganisms, which are relatively less well-known compared to bacteria. Although they are single-celled, Archaea are actually more closely related to eukaryotes than to bacteria.

Archaea can be found in extreme conditions such as high temperature (hot thermal vents), and low temperatures (Antartica ice lakes). Therefore, some Archaea are known as extremophiles. e.g. Methanococcoides burtonii.

One other interesting fact I know about Archaea is that they are currently not known to associate with human diseases.

I think what you need to do is to conduct more research on where Archaea lives and their specific functions in that environment. Perhaps if it's too difficult, the dot point asks for either ONE of Archaea or Bacteria, so it may be easier to do Bacteria just because scientists know more about them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)