architecture or interior design?? (1 Viewer)

KokoNut

HSC
hey guys=)

im currently studying in yr 12, and i wanna do either architecture or interior design in UTS.

i just have some questions about these courses. need ur help:)

the subjects(maths, science) im doing now aren't related to design at all,
is this a problem? do i have to do subjects like VA or DT to enter these courses?
i really like design...

Is English a problem when doing them? i've been here for 2 yrs, a bit worry about that...

I've read some threads bout uni life, i saw people wrote "only have 3 hours to sleep.."things such like that.
is that true?????
do you really need a lot of time to study??

and can i still have a parttime job when doing these courses?

thanks a lot:)

pman

Banned
HSC
Interior design, whilst you get to see it in architecture, interior design feels better

KokoNut

HSC
Interior design, whilst you get to see it in architecture, interior design feels better
yehhh...in fact personally i prefer interior design, it sounds better for girls.:)
but im thinking if i choose architecture, maths may be used in that course...so the subjects im studying now won't be not relavant at all.

btw, does interior design require really good drawing skills?

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
okay dont reply to my question but what subjects are u doing?

Justina

HSC
Just stick the two together. I have a friend who's doing Interior Architecture at UNSW - why don't you consider that?
As far as i know there are no prerequisites for it.

KokoNut

HSC
Just stick the two together. I have a friend who's doing Interior Architecture at UNSW - why don't you consider that?
As far as i know there are no prerequisites for it.
yeh i did consider that course at UNSW( "interior architecture" really sounds like a awesome choice for me...), but i heard from the career adviser in skool she said the things taught in UNSW and USYD were more theorical, however i prefer the practical stuff...

and i think the school fees for overseas students in UNSW is more expensive than UTS, also it's quite far away from my home

thanks for ur reply:wave:

Justina

HSC
In regards to the theory vs prac thing, I don't know if that's really true.
My friend's almost always doing sketches and models and work on photoshop and stuff. Lots of studio work.
Where do you live? UNSW is only a 15/20 minute bus ride for UTS/Central.
Not so sure about the fees thing. I think the best thing to do is to get actual info for yourself- call both uni's up and ask.
It's best to make an informed decision. I think the best way to go is to find all the info out for yourself - you have nothing to lose.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose :)

KokoNut

HSC
In regards to the theory vs prac thing, I don't know if that's really true.
My friend's almost always doing sketches and models and work on photoshop and stuff. Lots of studio work.
Where do you live? UNSW is only a 15/20 minute bus ride for UTS/Central.
Not so sure about the fees thing. I think the best thing to do is to get actual info for yourself- call both uni's up and ask.
It's best to make an informed decision. I think the best way to go is to find all the info out for yourself - you have nothing to lose.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose :)
i live in somewhere near eastwood...i need to take bus then change to train, and then take bus again to go to UNSW...that's too complicated~

as u said i need to get more actual info,
i'll go to the open days for more info...it's still 2 mouths away, cant wait...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)