Architecture: USyd or UNSW? (2 Viewers)

fridayblack

HSC
Which one is the more "well known"?
Or has the "better course"?

*Additional question: How many students in USyd do architecture each year on average?

Thanks.

jellybeenz

HSC
About 150 I think....

Um... Dunno which is better known....

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
haha hmm, are you a guy or a girl? :p

im not quite sure whats better ... but i want to do arch at either uts, syd or unsw ... so i may see you next yr if i somehow make it in. they all seem pretty good though i guess :)

Counterfeit

HSC
Ah yes i wan't an answer to this question too.

I think i wan't to go to USyd just because thats the reason i wanted to architecture,
i was lured in hook line and sinker at the open day,
previously i hadn't given a single thought towards architecture!!!!

But i heard employers prefer UTS graduates?

and i also heard that UNSW kicks butt.

and i heard that USyd graduates have the lowest satisfaction rate with their teachers, but i have all these romantic notions about Usyd.

Anyway.

jellybeenz

HSC
lol... romantic notions about usyd.... i had that... then i came here and well... the buildings are still pretty and the grass is pretty awesome

My friend does architecture at usyd.... she loves it... she's not really an outgoing person but ive never seen her so happy in her life...

Last edited:

Counterfeit

HSC
oo could u PM me her email by any chance? i have a shit load of questions id like to ask a student

and not on of those "email a student" i want someone who is like brutally honest!

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Counterfeit said:
Ah yes i wan't an answer to this question too.

I think i wan't to go to USyd just because thats the reason i wanted to architecture,
i was lured in hook line and sinker at the open day,
previously i hadn't given a single thought towards architecture!!!!

But i heard employers prefer UTS graduates?

and i also heard that UNSW kicks butt.

and i heard that USyd graduates have the lowest satisfaction rate with their teachers, but i have all these romantic notions about Usyd.

Anyway.
My flatmate did architecture at UNSW and hated it and dropped out of it. But I remember her telling me that she chose UNSW because the architecture there is better than USYD.

However a very close friend of mine did architecture at UTS, and he has a fantastic job now, very good pay, and finding work didn't seem to be an issue for him...

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
ahh so confusing all these rumours about where's better ... but eh.

oh, yulia ... how flexible is arts and sciences? cause if i dont get into architecture i might do that for a year and use the arts subjects as may electives when i transfer to architecture year after. Can i choose businessy stuff/arts stuff like photography/psych first year? or is there some sort of standard pattern?

cyko

HSC
jellybeenz said:
My friend does architecture at usyd.... she loves it... she's not really an outgoing person but ive never seen her so happy in her life...
Could i get her email too .. i'd realyl like to ask her a few questions. i missed out on the open day at USYD was too busy at UTS

i can't really compare it

Went UNSW i loved it ... good people, good atmosphere .. just loved it .. but i need some comparison with usyd considering thats another major uni offering architecture ..

At the moment i can onyl work on the information i've been given and thats the idea that USYD is ain't thet great and thats its all image .. but i need some info from a student there :) and i do not like the bias email a student" option provided by USYD

phrred

HSC
ye usyd is all image but u gotta love the harry potter building and the quad

but for architecture: unsw

be202025

HSC
i'm doing B.arch in usyd and i think it's great! i realli like it
not sure abt unsw.. i was gonna go unsw but changed my mind in the last minute lol...
architecture is great fun!

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
UNSW is much more of an architecture university than Sydney, but just that everyone thinks USyd is somehow so good due to the med that they just all rush and apply there first, dragging up the UAI marks for almost every subject.
Its kinda like doing architecture at Monash University, well not as bad..

Having said that, I think UTS is really good for arch..first choice..especially of the building they have built in 94', specially for arch.

hattysoco

HSC
unsw is regarded as the best for uni for architecture. apparently the best in the australasia region. i wanted to do architecture at usyd before but then realised that unsw and uts both are better for architecture. usyd may have a higher uai but the quality of the course isnt as good.
i am taking a year off to travel and see if architecture is what i really want to do. if it is, im going to put down unsw as my first option, then uts.

Last edited:

xxPanDa

HSC
hattysoco said:
unsw is regarded as the best for uni for architecture. apparently the best in the australasia region. i wanted to do architecture at usyd before but then realised that unsw and uts both are better for architecture. usyd may have a higher uai but the quality of the course isnt as good.
i am taking a year off to travel and see if architecture is what i really want to do. if it is, im going to put down unsw as my first option, then uts.
how do u travel and see how architecture really is??
why dont u just do the course, and transfer if u dont like??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)