Architecture!!! (1 Viewer)

What Uni Are You Going To?

• Total voters

Nietzsche

HSC
Pierotte said:
I have a severe ammount of disdain for all architecture students at the moment.

Sif neglect the thread?

Anyway this trhead can just turn into a journal recording my experience through the architecture course.

Yay?

Yay!

Ok.

Well I actually did my work last night, all of it. Who said architecture students can't have a life? As a celebration i'm going out tonight... uh... happy hour and then some. Yes i celebrate in such a classy way.

Weekend will suck however, i have many many many esquisses due for many many many subjects but I very stupidly left all my materials at home (kiama home) and managed to destroy all my balsa wood.

Yes that damn wood is not flexible in the least! It has its freaking limitations! I am not impressed!

I bougth a new knife today :D :D

Its scalpe-esque but with an almost flexible blade. Im not sure of what use it will be to me but i am building up my architecture blade collection one little blade at a time.

I think my net purchase will have to be a full fledged saw of some description.

Ok. Yeah well. My mid day tute isnt on today.. therefor i was free from 11 - 3. Went home, had a sleep, ate ate ate, watched tv, came back to uni, did some research, decided to bos for a bit... and its only 1:30.

I have too much time.

oh.. completely unrelated topic i SOOO saw casmira yesterday. I couldnt help but laugh and run run RUN in the opposite direction.
The prospect of running into BOSers terrfies me!

OGMOMGOMG what if someone sees me bosing right now?.. and say HI~!
Must log out!
OI! PIE! PIE! PIE!

READ THIS:

IS THERE A GUY IN YOUR COURSE CALLED ERDEM???

THANKYOU!

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Was she black and looked like a criminal?
nah she looked fairly aussie, she wore those boots with jeans, ive seen her a few times

cyko

HSC
Nietzsche said:
OI! PIE! PIE! PIE!

READ THIS:

IS THERE A GUY IN YOUR COURSE CALLED ERDEM???

THANKYOU!
-_-" Does it really matter if she knows?

Aside from that. How are my arch buddies going?
ATM ... wtf does my uni expect an architect to be? ...

1st: its taking pics of gutters and windows, and maybe cigarette butts in the city.
2nd: its making a card model and wrapping it with stockings.
3rd: its buying garbage (plastic reusable junk) from reverse garbage all the way in marrickville, to make a duplicate of the already messed up stocking-wrapped card model.

-_-" I'm tired ....

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
cyko said:
-_-" Does it really matter if she knows?

Aside from that. How are my arch buddies going?
ATM ... wtf does my uni expect an architect to be? ...

1st: its taking pics of gutters and windows, and maybe cigarette butts in the city.
2nd: its making a card model and wrapping it with stockings.
3rd: its buying garbage (plastic reusable junk) from reverse garbage all the way in marrickville, to make a duplicate of the already messed up stocking-wrapped card model.

-_-" I'm tired ....
haha man, you went to go get that stuff already :\ ? i have no fucking idea where marrickville is.... i hope there'll be enough time tomorrow. ive done very little work on any of our stuff so far :eek: i cant get into work mode at all

what group are you in for tomorrow's thing (like 9 a/b or 11 c/d?)

cyko

HSC
Purp|e said:
haha man, you went to go get that stuff already :\ ? i have no fucking idea where marrickville is.... i hope there'll be enough time tomorrow. ive done very little work on any of our stuff so far :eek: i cant get into work mode at all

what group are you in for tomorrow's thing (like 9 a/b or 11 c/d?)
Hey purple.
I'm in the group C.
What about you?

Marrickville is on the bankstown line mate. But umm .. be warned, its a half an hour walk from the station, an uphill walk. If you can't grab anything in time, just pass by any bin and rummage through them, lol

Wiped out that day, as i went gym since we finish early.

LOL. You're not the only one thats not in work mode. Most of the stuff that we're doing at the moment is seriously agitating me. And Gavin, HES GOTTA SPEAK NORMAL ENGLISH, LOL .. some of the stuff he says .. you need a translator. -_-"

Pierotte

HSC
Sigh... big weekend this weekend...

So...much...work... hurts thinking about it.

Ah no Casmira that wasnt me, u didnt see me (if it was you) you were looking at ur feet so i conveniently bolted before u looked up. It was in the red centre though, so what were u doing there?

Cyko and Purple: stockings and cigarette butts? Ha please explain.

Maybe UTS does more pointless stuff than UNSW.. seriously Pinary (gland) to Binary (code) we seem to have covered it all.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
Pierotte said:
Sigh... big weekend this weekend...

So...much...work... hurts thinking about it.

Ah no Casmira that wasnt me, u didnt see me (if it was you) you were looking at ur feet so i conveniently bolted before u looked up. It was in the red centre though, so what were u doing there?

Cyko and Purple: stockings and cigarette butts? Ha please explain.

Maybe UTS does more pointless stuff than UNSW.. seriously Pinary (gland) to Binary (code) we seem to have covered it all.
haha :eek: ... we had to pick a personal 'motif', whih could basically be anything we wanted, then photograph it around the city. now we're in the process of using the photographs to make a wallpaper :) i was originally gunna do buskers, but taking photos of them resulted in weird looks/question answering... so i changed to the number 6.

basically so far everything we've done has made me into a publis spectacle for one reason or another :eek: :\

we're making a plastic rendition of our abstract cardboard models, which we already made a clay rendition of last week!@?$!%

edit- haha, oh the stockings were used to 'clothe' our models to kinda attempt to give them internal spaces, cause to begin with they were just insane shapes stuck together really.

and next week we will somehow be attempting model the spaces between two boxers that we sketched from a couple of movies last week.

lol, i know it sounds insane ... but somehow i see where its going, and man its pretty damn fun! i love it :eek:

Last edited:

Pierotte

HSC
arnold182 said:
to pierotte: did you receive my email? your private message inbox was full.
No, i dont check that email addy.

Inbox is cleared out now though, so yeah, PM away.

Dear fools who are voting in the poll that dont study anything even remotely related to architecture:

STOP!

This is an architecture thread fuckwits, and youre ruining the accuracy of the poll.(note: town planning/urban design, industrial design, interior architecture.. and other subjects in that light are fine as they are relevant)

Architecture.. seems to be one of those courses where u just cover EVERYTHING.
Im waiting for the day it all falls into place.

But some of this stuff is just annoying, yes i KNOW the sun is important, but do i really have to make 2 sculptures that caputre its awsome fucking power and majesty?

Cant i just appreciate it from afar, and aknlowedge it, and learn the same lesson?

Oh.. and i suck at model making. So upsetting. I always thought i was awsomely good at making stuff with my hands, but accuracy and balsa wood are not my friends.

I have about $25 worth of balsa wood on my floor that has been reduced to useless splintered kindling.

ANd i hate tutors and their narrow minded "my way is right, and your way is wrong" attitudes.

Maybe ill shove this useless balsa wood up my tutors vaious orifices so they resemble scarecrows.

Thats all for now.

p.s. i still love this horribly difficult and pointless course. Honest :) I dont know why.

HSC
Pierotte said:
i tend to go down there to go too that healthy food place, great nice healthy food!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Pierotte said:
Dear fools who are voting in the poll that dont study anything even remotely related to architecture:

STOP!

This is an architecture thread fuckwits, and youre ruining the accuracy of the poll.(note: town planning/urban design, industrial design, interior architecture.. and other subjects in that light are fine as they are relevant)
i only voted coz i did architecture for a week, and left to do teaching. Ur course sounds so much more interesting than UNCLE's construction-based architecture course that felt like i was being trained to be a builder.

Unfortunately i can't un-vote.

Pierotte

HSC
Umm... Ive decided me and architecture are "friends" again.

Only just.

This will most likely change by tomorrow night.

I just realised I have only had almost 15 hours sleep this week.

That hurts a little.

And its all architectures fault.

seeka_train

HSC
Haha Siem,
Long time no talk.
Don't give up yet. The Esquisse isn't THAT bad. But i do miss sleep.

How come i never see you at uni?!:confused:

Pierotte

HSC
seeka_train said:
Haha Siem,
Long time no talk.
Don't give up yet. The Esquisse isn't THAT bad. But i do miss sleep.

How come i never see you at uni?!:confused:
Maybe youre not looking for me?

If you see me rock up and say hi!!

Ive been missing a shit load of lectures lately...

uh..

do you know what i look like?
(i dont know what you look like haha, so thats a problem right there)

PM me bout it!
WOOT BOS PARTY!

Ok, well i joined an architecture forum :D:D so so so FUN!
I highly reccomend!

Pierotte

HSC
Well

I hate History and Theory

I hate environmental technologies

and i hate computer-whatever-the-fuck-that-subject-is

HATE
all three of them... POINTLESS!

but i dont think that matters

Cus i love architectural technologies

and design studio

and arent they more relevant anyway?
yes, yes they are.

Pierotte

HSC
Aww guys

The love is SO gone isnt it?

Look at this poor thread.

Well...

NO i wont give up.

Thread revival time

Re: Grades:

i know that UNSW doesnt give marks all year, but instead gives grades, then at the end of the year your actual marks are added and you are given a final grade, but you never know your actual mark

I know at Usyd its only pass/fail all year
Whats the deal at other uni's?

What method do you think is best?

p.s. when i say "i know" i mean im pretty sure.. but not positive, correct me if im wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)