Are all the maths, chemistry and biology in uni similar to the hsc? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just need to know whether I can finally throw my textbooks away.
Sell them or give them away

It's actually the other way round – most of HSC Science is irrelevant for Uni science. Only HSC maths would be useful as a foundation for uni maths.
Is there anything good for uni science (like maths)? Or does everyone start fresh?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Very minimal-maths and chemistry are actually quite different from the HSC, a lot harder as can be expected and way more extensive, to be honest, it is nothing that lecture notes can't cover-you should keep your maths textbooks, but you really can chuck away your chemistry ones if you have a solid foundation.

MathsN00b

HSC
Very minimal-maths and chemistry are actually quite different from the HSC, a lot harder as can be expected and way more extensive, to be honest, it is nothing that lecture notes can't cover-you should keep your maths textbooks, but you really can chuck away your chemistry ones if you have a solid foundation.
k thnx for the info

Last edited:

AntarcticMonkeys

HSC
to my knowledge, for sciences you're gonna cover high school stuff in like a small fraction of uni and then move on to advanced stuff (which happens to be high school stuff in Britain bc aus is far, far behind)

gonna use my holidays to cover some further science so that i'm atleast upto yr 9 science in the uk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)