Are band 6's stll possible with these marks? (1 Viewer)

whitey1052

HSC
I just did my haf yearly's for maths (2U and Ext 1) and physics. I avergaed 80% for both ext 1 and physics and got 85% in 2U. I ranked about 20-25th in each exam. I did a serious amount of study for the exams. I am in yr 11 and do these courses accelerated however I have the option of doing them again next year. Is it possible to get band 6's in all these subjects with these half yearly marks? and if not should i drop out of accelerated?

mac1996

HSC
dont drop out of accelerated
it will help u tremendously if u come to repeat
those are respectable marks, u should be proud
if you can get those subjects out of the way this year, there is a higher chance of attaining a higher star

Last edited:
O

Omed62

I just did my haf yearly's for maths (2U and Ext 1) and physics. I avergaed 80% for both ext 1 and physics and got 85% in 2U. I ranked about 20-25th in each exam. I did a serious amount of study for the exams. I am in yr 11 and do these courses accelerated however I have the option of doing them again next year. Is it possible to get band 6's in all these subjects with these half yearly marks? and if not should i drop out of accelerated?
Come on, lol

I suggested you should stay in there for two reasons, less work in your 12 and you can still achieve a band 6, if you start working extremely hard from now on! I mean spending lots of your time doing questions for maths> by the time your HSC Comes, you have done like 30 papers, so don't start stressing this year- your in year 11 lol, not year 12 to worry this much especially this early. Who cares, if you fail, just repeat... if you can't handle the workload- leave now.

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
If you enjoy maths I recommend the accelerate the fuck out of 3 unit get like 99/100 or sumshit. Don't worry about 2 unit. Then after that next year you will only have 8 units to worry about if you choose to do 4unit which is optimal. You have or Erie next year to concentrate on your other subjects

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You are 20-25th out of how many people? (Sounds like a high-end selective school)

There's no reason to ever drop out of accelerated - Year 11 doesn't even count!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

Viscosity

HSC
Very possible. I did accelerated 2 unit last year and managed to get a Band 6 with a lower percentage than you. Generally, I know this sounds clique, but if you preservere and pinpoint the areas you need working on you can definitely manage. Once it's all over, it lifts a lot off your shoulders, and that is the best feeling once you're at yr 12.
For physics and X1, I can't speak because I didn't accelerate those subjects, but since you have to opportunity now, if I was in your position, I would definitely continue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)