• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are checkouts that bad? (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i fucking hate this 'customer is always right' bullshit

this customer went and complained about me making up all this shit i never said and my stupid supervisor was still a bitch about it even when i had other customers right there volunteering themselves as witnesses that this was a mean old scrag and i'd done nothing wrong

i mean theoretically the customer could claim i anally raped them with a pitchfork and they probably wouldn't be right :p

*ashlea*

HSC
yeah, i get those also... but they really dont bother me as much as the ones which i spend going man, swiping all these ppls dinner is really makin me hungry right about now.. i actually like 3hr shifts, but then, thats probly cos i used 2 work 30+ hours a week and still go to school last year in year eleven, and so after spending a few months doing 20hr weekends (thats right, 10hrs sat, 10hrs sun) a 3hr shift is like a day off!

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
ha!when ppl come through my 5 items or less line with a trolley load and a smug face.i tell them to go to another line. its very amusing. i got a customer complaint once. bout being rude. manager did not agree with the customer, she agreed with me..that he was rude. usually i only get 4 hour shifts (at kmart) worst shift we can get is sat 11-3pm..

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
*ashlea* said:
yeah, i get those also... but they really dont bother me as much as the ones which i spend going man, swiping all these ppls dinner is really makin me hungry right about now.. i actually like 3hr shifts, but then, thats probly cos i used 2 work 30+ hours a week and still go to school last year in year eleven, and so after spending a few months doing 20hr weekends (thats right, 10hrs sat, 10hrs sun) a 3hr shift is like a day off!
the air con broke where i work. and all summer we had to swipe these icy cold drinks straight from the fridge that we stand like 1m away from. torture. and then during xmas..they put those chocolate elves on my register..the ones that crackle like bertie beetle chocolates..that was cruel too.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i hate getting shifts that sorta fuck up your meal times cause we only get 10 mins break on a 5 hr shift so its not really possible to eat properly

like 5-10pm or 6-11 or 11am-4pm or something. fuck they shit me

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
moffat said:
ha!when ppl come through my 5 items or less line with a trolley load and a smug face.i tell them to go to another line. its very amusing. i got a customer complaint once. bout being rude. manager did not agree with the customer, she agreed with me..that he was rude. usually i only get 4 hour shifts (at kmart) worst shift we can get is sat 11-3pm..

iused to let them thropugh with trolleyloads of shit, than i realised that if a customer got shitty at me it wasnt my fault and the manager would side with me so now i always tell them to fuck off

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
in all truthfulness.. since i started work 3 months ago..

i still don't understand why the customer is ALWAYS right.

so in effect.. when a customer is at the service desk i would "yeah, what do you want"

or

person: can i pay now?
me: *lets out loud sigh* no.. you will have the line up

andddddddd.... i swear :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I work as a cashier at Harvey Norman.... it's a really easy job compared to working in hospitality.... however today our POS system kept crashing, causing major delays, then this woman started yelling at me accusing me of screwing up her invoice and charging her card twice.... it was because the credit card was worn out so I had to swipe it twice before it registered.... so this woman thought I charged it twice, wtf!!!! And then she wanted the merchant copy of the transaction because she signed it or something..... like wtf! Has she ever used a credit card before! And I had done her invoice perfectly, she was nuts. I explained the whole invoice to her but she didn't believe me, and then the head cashier had to come and explain it to her, and she still didn't seem to believe us. Then she came back and was like "I left my hand bag here" which she didn't, and she started to look for it, then her son found it on one of the sofas in furnishings.... argh.

It was just one of those days. But so far I have found it to be pretty cruisey. The only hard things are when people want to pay with gift vouchers (the system at HN is weird) or cheques (we have to authorize it etc lots of mucking around).... also returns can be a bit of a pain. But I have found register work to be fairly easy.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm in liquor, and have a lot of independance compared to the supermarket operaturs, so for minor issues, at least, my word is law (unless some higher ranking than me is working at the same time in liquor)

*ashlea*

HSC
man i wish i worked in liquor... unfortunately im not 18 yet so its not an option.. but i have a fair bit of freedom at my work now since ive been there longer than most, and most of the supervisors, and pretty much all the new kids, think im 20ish, and as if im gonna correct them when it means they dont tell me what 2 do! it is annoying that they call me a few times a week 2 work the following morning, and im like no i cant, i kinda have 2 go 2 school... they feel so dumb then.. lol..

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
i worked tonight. don't you hate it when you say to the customer, 'hey, hows it going?' and they reply...'hi, hows it going?"
highlight of tonights shift was when i closed off my register and started packing up 10minutes early (showing initiative) and when the supervisor asked me why i was packing up so early...i gave her my angry face and she was like...'oh it's okay, thats fine you can pack up'.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
glycerine said:
i hate getting shifts that sorta fuck up your meal times cause we only get 10 mins break on a 5 hr shift so its not really possible to eat properly

like 5-10pm or 6-11 or 11am-4pm or something. fuck they shit me
lol yeah...i had those shifts and then id get distracted thinking "i'd be having dinner now...mmm...dinner..." and meanwhile im swiping the same thing over and over, just daydreaming...until the customer notices and yells at me. damn Reality...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i think they should remove chip machines from staff lunch rooms....they are too tempting

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
_muse_ said:
i think they should remove chip machines from staff lunch rooms....they are too tempting
anyone tried those kettle lime and roasted chilli chips?
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
our "staff room" is out in the back dock and is actually just 2 fold-up chairs in the produce area.

:)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ours is huge..

it has 2 hugemungous tables in the middle, a fridge/freezer, sink, microwave, toasted sandwich maker, hot water/coffee maker thingy, chip machine, drink machine, white board, noticeboards etc etc etc its very lonely in there when ur by urself

12-51

Custom User Title
HSC
I work at Woolies and I really hate it. It's especially bad when you just start out and the customers usually aren't very patient with you. My store has a problem with supervisors bullying/swearing at us. They're worse than the customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)