Are Critics still Required (1 Viewer)

AKONS

HSC
I was told that after the syllabus changed, we wouldnt need to include critic quotes anymore in Mod B or other modules as they are no longer assessed.

Is this true?

Hiheyhello

HSC
Nah you need critics for mod b
at least if you're aiming for the top band
but you have to be clever about the way you integrate them
The syllabus talks about how your opinion is informed by others (that's where critics come in)

vishnay

God
HSC
I was told that after the syllabus changed, we wouldnt need to include critic quotes anymore in Mod B or other modules as they are no longer assessed.

Is this true?
for the hsc u defo want critics to substantiate ur claims but for school it really just depends on what ur teachers want

Qeru

HSC

Is this true?
You don't need critics anymore even for HSC.

AKONS

HSC
You don't need critics anymore even for HSC.
Really? Everyone seems to disagree on this topic. The two guys above still say it is. Hmmm. Very peculiar.

Qeru

HSC
Really? Everyone seems to disagree on this topic. The two guys above still say it is. Hmmm. Very peculiar.
I think if you are just putting in critics for the sake of putting them in its pointless. If you put them in and it actually supports your points then its fine. Thats why I said you don't NEED it for a 20/20 nor does putting it in magically give you more marks. However if you can integrate it well then sure.

Hiheyhello

HSC
I think if you are just putting in critics for the sake of putting them in its pointless. If you put them in and it actually supports your points then its fine. Thats why I said you don't NEED it for a 20/20 nor does putting it in magically give you more marks. However if you can integrate it well then sure.
you literally could've just said that the first time
you made it sound like you don't need critics - but obviously, you do - you just need to reference them skillfully and deliberately rather than for the sake of it.

AKONS

HSC
you made it sound like you don't need critics - but obviously, you do - you just need to reference them skillfully and deliberately rather than for the sake of it.
I think Qeru means you don't need critics, as in they're not compulsory, but it doesn't hurt to use them or not use them.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Well said. To get a B6 in Advanced, you shouldn't be doing the bare minimum. If you want a B6, do the maximum, i.e. skillfully integrate critical perspectives. It will only support your argument more. Regardless of whether critical perspectives are required or not, I highly advocate the use of them - Will only boost your chances at a 20/20.

Qeru

HSC
I know people with high b6's in english that didnt use critics its not neccesary like I said before, and if you are just using it half-assed for the sake of using it, it may actually detract from your marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)