are guys as tough as we think? (1 Viewer)

izi

HSC
I have always believed that guys can cope with breaking up better than girls as they are always the first one to jump onto another relationship. My ex started dating me a month after he broke off an engagement with his ex. But it seems to me that he did not really heal from his past (which is why I broke up with him).
All they do is hide and act all coolheaded like they have no emotional problems, when instead they are just confused little boys.
Anyone agree?

Winston

HSC
Yeah well i guess so... maybe your ex really liked his ex... but yeah generally i guess some hide everything... i think i tend to hide alot of things, well at least i try my best, and i just tend to act all crazy and laugh without much of a reason... phew at least most people believe i'm fine.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
nope, from a purly scientific and personal pt of view, guys are way more emotional than gals.. if they are really into a relationship. (excluding those quickie one night stand guys)

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
care to edit yours tib?

Me, I have long learnt to keep my (negative) emotions locked up. It only pops up once a blue moon.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
im very open with my feelings so i doubt id have pent up emotions after a break up or something emotional

lengstar

HSC
i dun like speaking about it, i find it easier to tell people i don't know too well about stuff then my friends. and yeah i do think some guys can't handle it as well as girls, just they don't show it.

izi

HSC
Asquithian said:
How about we just say that it depends on the person and the particular situation...rather than on male female stereotypes.
i wasnt trying to determine which one is weaker, male or female.
im just suggesting that truthfully males are just as weak as females, yet they are traditionally considered tougher.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
lengstar said:
i dun like speaking about it, i find it easier to tell people i don't know too well about stuff then my friends. and yeah i do think some guys can't handle it as well as girls, just they don't show it.
I agree, its so much easier venting everything to a complete stranger than telling close friends, especially over the internet because you cant see their reaction or anything so you dont feel like they're judging you.

But i dont really know if you can generalise about this, it probably just varies depending on how emotional the person is and how much the relationship meant to them

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Start rubbing them behind the ears and see if they start to purr.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
izi said:
I have always believed that guys can cope with breaking up better than girls as they are always the first one to jump onto another relationship. My ex started dating me a month after he broke off an engagement with his ex. But it seems to me that he did not really heal from his past (which is why I broke up with him).
All they do is hide and act all coolheaded like they have no emotional problems, when instead they are just confused little boys.
Anyone agree?
true, im still scarred from the past, but i think it comes down more to the individual if they can forgive and/or forget.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
even as a chic i dont like people seeing my emotions
i think at times it can be a sign of weakness
people always get such a shock, say when i breakdown at school n cry, they see me as someone that wouldnt happen to cos i dont give of 'weak' vibes

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
emotions are not a sign of weakness. they are the things which empower us to do things which we otherwise couldnt or wouldnt.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
dont twist my words!
i sed they "can be"
othertimes they work greatly to the womens advantage

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
oversimplify, i think is the word there :)

umm, i didnt mean for it to sound in any way attacking porge :), i apologize i misread your post.

cayte

I do think it helps guys to heal by hiding what is really being felt and behaving as though everything is fine.

We're not talking about trivial relationships that only last a couple of months, we're talking about a relationship that has grown and developed and ultimately dissolved and that requires a lot of grieving time for the two parties that have had so much invested in it.

Perhaps by getting out, getting on with it you can convince yourself everything is fine, by preoccupying yourself you don't need to think about it and it doesn't hurt so much. But that doesn't mean the pain isn't still there. I think that's why rebound relationships happen so often. It's something generally done by males but many girls do it too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)