• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

are howard's economic credentials so great or is he just lucky? (1 Viewer)

wagga

HSC
frog12986 said:
I think it was a sarcastic remark somehow..

Either way, this whole point can be argued until the endeth of time.. depending on which slant of economics you look at. One extremely pertinent point however is that the tax reform undertaken by this government has seen unprecedented levels of Commonwealth revenue finding it's way into state government coffers. Record amounts of revenue that have been mismananged and abused by governments intent on building up bureacracy as oppose to infrastructure. Whilst the 'figures' convey a fairly average increase in investment in infrastructure comparable to other nations in the OECD, this type of indicator fails to take into account the indirect flow of capital into health, education and the like, via the state/commonwealth arrangements..

As for the comments regarding the situation with Manly 16ft Skiff club, it shows the complete disdain that the NSW Government has not only for business in NSW, but also for organisations that contribute to social programmes. I would've thought that a person who extolls the virtues of social justice would disregard the fact that it doesn't affect the 'majority' of the population; the point is the principle behind what the government is intending to do, and reflects poorly on their attitude.
You will get no argument from me, the NSW government is an absolute joke, and sadly I think it is pretty much a case of dumb and dumber, just I'm not sure which side is the dumber yet...Just so you know, I blame the NSW labor government for not receiving GST revenue due to their failure to abolish stamp duty, not the Federal govt; this lack of funds would obviously exacerbate the problems this state is having.

As for spending on Universities though, they are funded by the Federal Government; the figures I was referring to were in regard to Universities and not primary and secondary education.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)