• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are lectures really that important?!? (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
GaZ_2004 said:
anyone have ne fing postive about psy ^^ well i'm willin to listen to the tapes n go back on the notes 4 the lectures i missed also i have a few fwends in the same psy lecture as me cant i just get them 2 recap me on that days lectures? Is it realli that bad to miss psy lectures?

also i heard for descrete maths that lecture arent that important is tis true?
yeh you'll be fine if you have friends helping you out and listening to the lecture tapes for psyc. Why are so many of you doing psyc as an elective? there are so many science subjects more interesting than psyc! :D

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
also i heard for descrete maths that lecture arent that important is tis true?
It's true because you can always make sure you know what you need to know from the question booklet.

The lecture last time (John Steele + Jie Du), was boring to me. I lost interest in a very short time period, and eventually I was just either perving around looking at other students, or writing my comp algorithm.

One annoying thing is, the notes they supply doesn't contain solutions. They make you copy it down in lectures, just to make you come. Evil I say :/ So the solution is to get to know people who writes notes all the time, or learn how to do it yourself through internet resource / textbook resource / ask your tutor.

So yeah, imo, don't feel to guilty missing discrete lectures. Just make sure you read the materials and try to do the homeworks before going to the tutorials.

for the record, I stopped attending discrete lecture at week 2 and a half, and scored 89 HD. I have to say I learned much more from textbooks borrowed from the library than in the notes or lectures.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
underthesun said:
I was just either perving around looking at other students, or writing my comp algorithm.
oooooh...so that's how you get 97 in comp. :D

GaZ_2004

HSC
Survivor39 said:
yeh you'll be fine if you have friends helping you out and listening to the lecture tapes for psyc. Why are so many of you doing psyc as an elective? there are so many science subjects more interesting than psyc! :D
Thanks heaps ^^, i been freakin out about my timetable from wat everyone has said aii... ^^" but feel so much better now 8)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)