are my hsc subjects solid? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm just wondering if it's possible for me to get a UAI of 99.95 with the following subjects..
-4unit maths
-Adv english
-Chemistry
-Music 2
-Japanese Continuers

i'm just wondering if i should've done physics and such instead of music 2 and japanese continuers cos of the scaling? i suppose.
But people tell me that, if i ace all my subjects i'll be able to get it.
So what's your opinion? is it possible?
Do you have any idea how they are scaled?

thanks in advance! all advice is appreciated
:wave:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I promise that there is absolutely no chance that you will get a UAI above 40.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
You have every chance, however, of getting an ATAR of 99.95 as long as you study enough.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
With regards to scaling, all of your subjects are reasonably good - super awesome.

However, for all I know, in this new ATAR system, 4u Maths scales badly, DT scales well, up is down, down is up, and 1 + 1 = 7.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
With regards to scaling, all of your subjects are reasonably good - super awesome.

However, for all I know, in this new ATAR system, 4u Maths scales badly, DT scales well, up is down, down is up, and 1 + 1 = 7.
waaaaaaaaat????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HSC
i think i need to get some insight into this ATAR system .. :S

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
your subjects maybe solid, they may be liquid, or gas. Or they even may be plasma or bose-einstein condensates. I suppose there is no way to be sure :S

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
so let me get this straight, under this riduclus (sori about spelling) ARTAR %^&* thing, any subjects eg 4u and 3u math, scales down the "UATAR", does this mean that the "ATAR" is lower for the courses. eg teacher UAI was 75% and now maybe 70%:confused:

High_Pride

HSC
so let me get this straight, under this riduclus (sori about spelling) ARTAR %^&* thing, any subjects eg 4u and 3u math, scales down the "UATAR", does this mean that the "ATAR" is lower for the courses. eg teacher UAI was 75% and now maybe 70%:confused:
If you believe what he said, especially the 1+1=7 part, then yeh, sure, why not.

absorber

HSC
I'm just wondering if it's possible for me to get a UAI of 99.95 with the following subjects..
-4unit maths
-Adv english
-Chemistry
-Music 2
-Japanese Continuers

i'm just wondering if i should've done physics and such instead of music 2 and japanese continuers cos of the scaling? i suppose.
But people tell me that, if i ace all my subjects i'll be able to get it.
So what's your opinion? is it possible?
Do you have any idea how they are scaled?

thanks in advance! all advice is appreciated
:wave:
Firstly, as you probably know, you can do awesome in any subjects if you get good enough marks. Secondly, I don't know about jap continuers, , but music 2 scales awesome, i believe...chem obv does, adv eng + 4u maths = win

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Theoretically, it is possible to get any UAI/ATAR with any subject.

If you do really, really well in 10 of your units including english then a ATAR/UAI of 99.95 is possible :)

HSC
Firstly, as you probably know, you can do awesome in any subjects if you get good enough marks. Secondly, I don't know about jap continuers, , but music 2 scales awesome, i believe...chem obv does, adv eng + 4u maths = win
ah okies thanks :)
but i heard from somewhere that the scaling changed for music 2 and that music 1 and music 2 are scaled the same? ... = crap. T_T
so if that's true, i was wondering if i should just do music 1.
less workload, you know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)