Are non-GWS med applicants disadvantaged? (1 Viewer)

RiCkiE

HSC
So are they? Because I read on the UWS website that something like 60 percent of the cohort lives in GWS so is that merely a representation of the larger number of applicants from the GWS area or does that indicate that GWS applicants are favoured?

I mean it makes sense that there'd be more applicants making it through to the interview from the GWS area because of the lower cut offs but I was wondering if GWS applicants get extra points, or if the interview requires prior knowledge of the GWS area?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
RiCkiE said:
So are they? Because I read on the UWS website that something like 60 percent of the cohort lives in GWS so is that merely a representation of the larger number of applicants from the GWS area or does that indicate that GWS applicants are favoured?

I mean it makes sense that there'd be more applicants making it through to the interview from the GWS area because of the lower cut offs but I was wondering if GWS applicants get extra points, or if the interview requires prior knowledge of the GWS area?
Did you read the document attached? Of course they're favoured. The course was essentially designed to produce graduates who are willing to meet the needs of gwshc. There are places aval to inter apps though... not much information has been released to conclude... perhaps the guys studying medicine at uws who freq troll www.medstudentsonline.com will be able to answer your questions

enterusername

HSC
the only advantage is the regional difference in uai...i.e. 95 cut off but for ppl in region 93 :)

it may be due to the location of the campus that more ppl from western sydney apply for it and this explains the number of western sydney students

:)

skip89

HSC
enterusername said:
the only advantage is the regional difference in uai...i.e. 95 cut off but for ppl in region 93 :)

it may be due to the location of the campus that more ppl from western sydney apply for it and this explains the number of western sydney students

:)
I second that.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
RiCkiE said:

The system works like many universities such as UNCLE and JCU. In how they prefer and give an advantage to local students. Also comparing the entry schemes of non-gws applicants to unsw applicants they are hardly disadvantaged at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)