Are quotes necessary (1 Viewer)

MelRGHS

HSC
Uni Grad
OK here's the deal, the transformation essay I will be doing tomorrow doesn't seem that difficult but everyone has been telling me that I need to shove bloody quotes in there!

What if I have all the necessary information of the playwright and the movie. Would I really have to add quotes?

Between Othello and 'O' by the way.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
You can't show/support detailed textual analysis with out quotes.

MelRGHS

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank i wish i could use those but my teachers aren't looking for that stuff, they get "weird" around that area. Got marked down for having a sex scene in a creative writing task, and it was written with class also, nothing "sleazy" about it. GAH! lol thanks for the help anyways :D:D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Haha - what sorta English essay doesn't have quotes? (Or direct reference to the text, if it's a film or visual). :p

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Always.
Must always quote. You need to be addressing the texts, which includes quotes. You need them to substantiate any claim you make.

English 101 - QUOTE LOTS.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Quotes give substance and evidence to support your arguments. You must support and defend all your arguments using examples from the text (yes, that includes quoting). Without defending your arguments, you are merely assuming things, but not proving them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)