• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are schools allowed to keep assessments? (1 Viewer)

SutherlandKyle

HSC
I recently asked for an assessment (which I had already received my marks for about two months ago) back, as I had lost the original copy and would require it to study for my exams. The teacher said no, and that I was not "entitled" to have it. She did, however, say she'd do a photocopy (much to her contempt), but never got around to doing so.

I'm not pissed off or anything, I'm just curious as to whether they're allowed to keep them without my permission. Some teachers have said they use them to show future years, and what not. I am not the only one either. This goes for my whole cohort.

And it's for english, in case you were wondering.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I recently asked for an assessment (which I had already received my marks for about two months ago) back, as I had lost the original copy and would require it to study for my exams. The teacher said no, and that I was not "entitled" to have it. She did, however, say she'd do a photocopy (much to her contempt), but never got around to doing so.

I'm not pissed off or anything, I'm just curious as to whether they're allowed to keep them without my permission. Some teachers have said they use them to show future years, and what not. I am not the only one either. This goes for my whole cohort.

And it's for english, in case you were wondering.

Schools have to keep samples of assessment tasks for the BOS (not only for Year 12 but for all years).

However they don't need to copy every task - we have to do three out of each cohort - so if most of my kids asked for a copy of their assessment task from me they would be out of luck unless they happened to be one of the three I copied.

If the school has a copy then they should be able to give it to you.

ej114

HSC
My schools science department like to keep ALL tests (7 to 12) and assesments (senior years only) in case someone argues with them about marks and they have lost the original, also because they dont like to write/buy tests.

matrix1

Banned
HSC
N/A
it's a pain but get used to it.

That's how it works at university , it's pretty annoying and dodgy. At university you can't even check your own exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)