Are supras good? (1 Viewer)

FromDeeEast

HSC
have a look at an s13 silvia, they look great with a body kit there about 6k stock, but a nicely modified one will cost about 8 -10k, make sure u look at the sr20de versions tho

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
you sure they're that cheap?!?!?

i'd expect the average one to be 8-10 and the slightly modified one to be 15-20K. if a stockie is 6K then i might as well sell my lancer and go the full deal, as opposed to an evo conversion.

lengy

HSC
Cool, I'll look up the Silvia. Good looking car. Don't see much around compared to the 180SX which is good. More conservative styling with all the ability. Must get one in white or black. Are they reliable?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Supras are quite hard to find aren't they? And the ones which are available in dodgy lots could very well have had quite a few beatings.

mzduxx2006

HSC
meew said:
thinking of getting like a '93 supra becaus they are hawwt.
are they realiable or will i need to keep paying with eervything screwing up?
any idea how much insurance costs?
any alternative cars if u think my idea sucks?
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I efffin love supras!!! THEY ARE SOOO HOT. even if insurance costs like forever, jussssssssssssssst get it cause yu'll get soooooo much attention, specially from girls if yur a guy ;)

FromDeeEast

HSC
lengy said:
Cool, I'll look up the Silvia. Good looking car. Don't see much around compared to the 180SX which is good. More conservative styling with all the ability. Must get one in white or black. Are they reliable?
I've owned my silvia for about 8 months now and had no problems at all, if a problem ever arises parts r cheap as chips.

Have a look at www.nissansilvia.com , it will give u a good indication of how much they cost / how they r to be fixed. But if ur not into cars I wouldnt buy a Supra/Silvia as they do require a fair bit of dyi work because mechanics can rip you off. One of the main things i like about nissansilvia is alot of people are willing to help u find / fix a problem.

But when buying a sports car (ie. supra / silvia etc) make sure you take some 1 who knows there shit about cars, because a thrashed / mistreated car will only give u problems

CieL

HSC
FromDeeEast said:
have a look at an s13 silvia, they look great with a body kit there about 6k stock, but a nicely modified one will cost about 8 -10k, make sure u look at the sr20de versions tho
6k ?!

How much did yours cost?

I thought they'd be 8k, then 10-15+k

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
he musta goten a bargain Ciel, cos that is what i am thinking.

mzduxx2006 said:
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I efffin love supras!!! THEY ARE SOOO HOT. even if insurance costs like forever, jussssssssssssssst get it cause yu'll get soooooo much attention, specially from girls if yur a guy ;)
o_O

no offense dude, but these days supras to guys are the same as miatas to guys: they have become a girl's car. you want attention, get a riced up skyline, or a xx0 SX family member and dont forget the bass.

Last edited:

Team 1A

HSC
Supras are mad, and nothing will beat a twin turbo supra.
But if you lookin for somethin a little more individual check the Mitsubishi FTO.
Just please don't get a Skyline. Ever since 2 Fast 2 Furious every retard drives one.

lengy

HSC
Team 1A said:
Just please don't get a Skyline. Ever since 2 Fast 2 Furious every retard drives one.
QFT. But only applies to R34.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
lengy said:
QFT. But only applies to R34.
It had a minor role in Too Fast Too Furious though- and I think Skylines would've been popular in the community regardless of the short bit in the movies. If anything, the Z33 was the car which had the 'mainstream JapaneseAmericanIndianFrench' identity crisis (thanks Top Gear) before Tokyo Drift came out and made it a cool car.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
so by 4 pages, we have reached the conclusion that Supras are good, but not worth it if you arent going to be pouring more money into it?

(and you WILL pour money into it if it is a stock turbo, despite your thoughts)

RibZe

HSC
im planning on getting a MKIV supra when i get my full licence.

im currently half way through my red Ps :(

7th Sign

HSC
some poeple in here know nothing about cars lmao...

well supras are shit expsnive if something goes wrong witht he turbos and you dotn know how to work on turbo engines, my advice would be to buy a stock one, which is probly impossible because they are all owned by youngens and thrashed to the shit house...

get a car thats cheap to run and easy to fix, dont get something thats high maitance and going to cost you a arm and a leg to fix when something stuffs up...

CieL

HSC
I wouldnt buy a car if I couldnt afford maintainance straight away [it if needs maintainance in the first place].

How stupid is that.

The only time I would, was if the car was at a super cheapo never again will I get that kind of bargain price I would consider buying it now then fix it later, and if it only had minor problems..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)