Are teachers allowed to share work you hand in to them with the class? (1 Viewer)

Existential

HSC
N/A
If I hand in essays, summaries etc. is my teacher allowed to use it as a reference to teach the class how its done? Or can I copyright it, thus stopping me delivering any advantage to classmates, at least until the trials? If the teacher does use it and I specifically say I don't want to share it, is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance.

jblack01

HSC
not really, my friend had the same problem for biology. He handed in his summaries asking the teacher not to photocopy it and hand it out. Guess what she did? Exactly that. The only way i could say to get around it is to hand it to a different teacher because then they don't have the obligation to disperse it to the class

Elesh

HSC
Wow copyright infringement / academic misconduct much?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It is considered academic misconduct if it has been copyrighted. Teacher should never be allowed to use your materials, nor let alone distributing it to the class against your will.

Yes, you could talk to the head teacher of the English faculty or the Principal.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't know about rules per se, however, I believe it is highly unfair, unjust and unethical. Bring it up with the teacher - he/she may not even be aware that you mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)