Are the yr 9 courses in the School Certificate? (1 Viewer)

tau281290

HSC
I heard some teachers say the yr 9 course in part of the school certificate but I also heard some teachers say it is not.

So is it part of it or not? Did BoS change the Syllabus again in 2006?

A l

HSC
N/A
I can tell you that for all externally examinable courses (i.e. English Literacy, Mathematics, Science, Australian History and Geography Civics and Citizenship), the Year 9 content CAN be assessed in the School Certificate exams. I'm not particularly sure about the new Computing Skills examination, but I think they just assess general computer usage skills.

T

Testpilot

Don't worry about the SC its easy and every seems to go well. I managed to get in the 90s for Geography without study and leaving the test to the last 20 mins, concentrating on history.

Teachers at my school said its impossible to fail, you really do get 50% for writing your name. They said raw mark e.g. 70% divided by 2 is then added on to 50%, so 70% becomes 85% etc.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
it's funny how my brother managed to pass all of his. i always thought he was retarded or something....

and now im scared. what if i don't pass mine? then maybe reality would sink in and i would find out that im the retarded one. =/

and why does writing my name get 50% ? =O that sounds AWESOME. *no stress* :D thanks for telling me.

LynH1326

HSC
In a nutshell - YOU MUST TURN UP TO CLASSES FOR 85+% OF THE TIME. On your transcript that you get when you are given your SC, they list all the courses you have taken from year 7 to year 10. Most will have something like "completed" to say that you have taken the courses and have met the criteria.

English, Maths, Science, History and Geography will be given marks for year 10 only - as you have done exams for them. Your elective subjects (the ones you completed in year 10) will be listed with "Completed" (or something like that...), but you will have a grade for them (eg: A, B, C, D, E, N). Don't worry, they only really look that you got the paper saying that you completed year 10.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Testpilot said:
Don't worry about the SC its easy and every seems to go well. I managed to get in the 90s for Geography without study and leaving the test to the last 20 mins, concentrating on history.

Teachers at my school said its impossible to fail, you really do get 50% for writing your name. They said raw mark e.g. 70% divided by 2 is then added on to 50%, so 70% becomes 85% etc.
my teacher told me that it wasnt true .. and ii was like O_O !! .. ii duno now ? .. is it .. can somebody officially tell me if its true ? ..

Riviet

HSC
N/A
sle3pe3bumz said:
my teacher told me that it wasnt true .. and ii was like O_O !! .. ii duno now ? .. is it .. can somebody officially tell me if its true ? ..
It's not "officially" true but it seems to work for many people's results, their subject marks tend to have correlated to that formula. :p

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Riviet said:
It's not "officially" true but it seems to work for many people's results, their subject marks tend to have correlated to that formula. :p
oh .. so your raw mark or the mark you get in the test isnt really what you get ?

topdeck

HSC
As far as i know, geography and history is just year 10, whereas science is both years 9 and 10.

Hindzy

HSC
Hi
You sit a test for the Board of studies as part of your school certficiate.You only sit an external exam for Maths,Science,English,Australian History and citzenship,Australian Geography and citzenship.The school decides your mark for your electivies and PDHPE.It is up to the school what mark they give you and how they asses for electives and PDHPE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)