Are these books on 2007 booklist NEEDED?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
On the 2007 booklist, these books are not labelled as "prescribed" nor"recommended". Instead they are labelled as "value pack" or "course note". So do I still need these books????

Labelled as "coursenote"
Title: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING 3E + SUPPLEMENT 2EAuthor: TROTMANPublisher: THOMSON LEARNING[SIZE=-1]Edition: [/SIZE] 3E05Binding: APN: 9780170993746 or ISBN(0170993744) RRP: $124.95 Our Price: $112.46[SIZE=-1]Availability: IN STOCK[/SIZE]

Labelled as "valuepaclk'
Title: INTRO TO MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS VALUE PACK 11EAuthor: HAEUSSLER EPublisher: PRENTICE-HALL[SIZE=-1]Edition: [/SIZE] 11E04Binding: APN: 9780923193003 or ISBN(0923193006) RRP: $145.00 Our Price: $130.50[SIZE=-1]Availability: IN [/SIZE]

Labelled as "value pack"
Title: Microeconomics + Study Guide 5E Value packAuthor: Mctaggart et alPublisher: PRENTICE-HALL[SIZE=-1]Edition: [/SIZE] 5E07Binding: APN: 9781741037678 or ISBN(1741037670)

SO would I STILL NEED THESE BOOKS?????

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Coursenote - Yes these are compulsory, they're a collection of booklets for each lecture filled with lecture materials and other course related things that you follow along with and fill out at lectures. Some subjects like micro simply give you an online set of notes to print, accounting for whatever reason does not, although you will have the accounting lecture slides on Web CT, they would be fairly confusing without the coursenotes.

Valuepack - These are just specific bundles of books that give you a small discount on the bundled buy. For the QMA ones its the prescribed text + the solutions manual which is "recommended" and it saves you about $15 off buying them each separately, its something similar for micro. It really comes down to whether you need that QMA solutions manual or Micro Study guide, from my expericene, for QMA the solutions are pretty useful, for micro the textbook by itself is plenty, lecture notes more than suffice as a "study guide."

HSC
Oh thanks bshoc! For micro Eco, what's MyEconLab 5E? I'm going to listen to your advice and just buy "Microeconomics + MyEconLab 5E" without the study guide! Btw, besides the unsw bookshop, is textsbookexchange a good place to look at?

Last edited:

wyho

HSC
N/A
hey do u guys think its alright if i enter year 1 and use last years comm yr 1 edition instead of this years new edition? does it really make a difference if u use an older book that was used last year? cos i really dont want to spend such money on books that will last 1 semester... eg fins1612 4th ->5th edition ... microecon 4th ->5th...

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
nah, it won't make much of a difference. The content of both editions are almost exactly the same. It's just that some page numbers will be different and it'd be a bit of a hassle to work out what pages your readings are on in your book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)