are u meant to memorise this for chem? (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
whats the best way to go about it ?
its mostly sorta just common sense like i know it since all the copper ones are green/bluey (kinda like copper), iron 2 is a weird green brown half half thing because its like halfway to iron 3 which is just brown because rust and then silver is all creamy and stuff bc it is

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
readout questions and calcs and stuff is fine, its just memorising how shit works and biofuel/fuel stuff etc. etc. that sucks

nsw..wollongong

HSC
also general question; how much theory should be memorised for spec questions? like to what extent do we need to know the physics behind aas, nmr etc? would u be asked questions arnd the theory component or is it mostly analysing graphs

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
also general question; how much theory should be memorised for spec questions? like to what extent do we need to know the physics behind aas, nmr etc? would u be asked questions arnd the theory component or is it mostly analysing graphs
yeah you need to understand the theory component for sure. I just did a jrahs paper that had a 5 marker on how mass spec worked and you needed to talk about every step the sample goes through from having the electron knocked off to the m/z being found and the readout produced digitally. its so annoying because I reckon I'll get 90-100% of the calculation marks in hsc but drop some stupid rote learning ones

nsw..wollongong

HSC
yeah you need to understand the theory component for sure. I just did a jrahs paper that had a 5 marker on how mass spec worked and you needed to talk about every step the sample goes through from having the electron knocked off to the m/z being found and the readout produced digitally. its so annoying because I reckon I'll get 90-100% of the calculation marks in hsc but drop some stupid rote learning ones
yeah i thought as much bc i saw a 4marker on explaining aas and uv-vis, ugh that sucks id rather put energy into skills questions than memorisation
thank youuu!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)