Are UAI cutoffs for Year 12 leavers are different to cutoffs of Non-recent leavers? (1 Viewer)

dan_viper88

HSC
Hi there, i just wanted to know if the UAI cutoffs for Year 12 leavers are different to cutoffs of Non-recent leavers? Ive read through several threads but havent been able to find conclusive information.

Does anyone know how the UAI Cutoff would work for example if a person got say, 90UAI in 2005, no uni grades, and reapplys through UAC a year later for a course, will the UAI cut off that they will be considered for selection be the same as the one for recent school leavers?

T

Testpilot

Re: Are UAI cutoffs for Year 12 leavers are different to cutoffs of Non-recent leaver

I think you use your UAI up until your 20 or something. But check with UAC.

dan_viper88

HSC
Come on guys more responses would be greatly apreciated!

p.s. yeah ive also asked UAC and they didnt really answer my question

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Re: Are UAI cutoffs for Year 12 leavers are different to cutoffs of Non-recent leaver

To my knowledge the NRSL cut-off is different to the one for secondary school graduates, your ranking is also calculated slightly differently.

dan_viper88

HSC

kami said:
To my knowledge the NRSL cut-off is different to the one for secondary school graduates, your ranking is also calculated slightly differently.
So do you reckon the NRSL might be in a disadvantage upon selection will their UAI being marked down?

SweetSeasons

HSC

you can use your UAI for 3 years..

Some unis look at just your UAI, others a combo of your UAI and what you've done since leaving school. Such as full time work, tafe courses, another uni degree.

I'm not to sure about the cut off thing.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A

dan_viper88 said:
So do you reckon the NRSL might be in a disadvantage upon selection will their UAI being marked down?
It depends - just like the UAI cut-off, the NRSL cut-offs go up and down according to demand and there is no given rule saying the cut-off will be higher or lower than the UAI one.

dan_viper88

HSC

kami said:
It depends - just like the UAI cut-off, the NRSL cut-offs go up and down according to demand and there is no given rule saying the cut-off will be higher or lower than the UAI one.
Do you know if there is a way to get access to past NRSL cut off scores?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)