• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Are you a member of a stepfamily? (1 Viewer)

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
Hey, I need some help from any members of stepfamilies. For my Individual Research Project in Community and Family Studies, I am investigating how members of stepfamiles react and adjust to their situation and I am supposed to have already had my questionnaires filled out. Could anyone who is a member of a stepfamily please help me by filling out a questionnaire. I would really appreciate it. Just email me and I'll send you the questionnaire. little_celley_girl@hotmail.com
Thanks so much.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
post ur questions up here...can't be bothered to email u
Exactly.

And you will get more responses in the non-school section.

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
Okay, here's the questionnaire...thankyou for your help.

* Sex:

* Age when biological parents split:

* Age when parent remarried:

* What was your initial reaction to discovering that your parent was going to remarry?

* How did you feel about it?

* What were your initial reactions and feelings towards your parents partner?

* In your parents relationship with your stepparent, were there any particular events that troubled you? (If yes) What were they?

* Did your feelings and opinions change towards your stepparent during the period up to the wedding date /moving in date? (If yes) How?

* How did you feel when your stepparent took on this new role? (Parental role)

* Were there any problems when your stepparent started living with your family? (If yes) What were they?

- How did you feel about these problems?

- Were these the cause of any conflicts between yourself, your stepparent, parent or any other family member?

- How did you have to alter your lifestyle and behaviour because of these problems?

* What helped you to adjust to living with your stepparent?

* Do you come across many problems with your stepparent now? (If yes) What are they?

* How has your relationship improved with your stepparent?

* How do you think you can further improve your relationship with your stepparent?

* How do you view your stepparent now? (E.g. as a real parent?)

(If you do not have stepsiblings or half-siblings do not continue.)

* What were your initial reactions and feelings when you were introduced to your stepsiblings and/or half-siblings?

* Were there any problems when you started living (permanently or regularly) with your stepsiblings and/or half-siblings? (If yes) What were they? (E.g. jealousy)

- How did you feel about these problems?

- Were these the cause of any conflicts in your household? (Major or minor)

- How did you have to alter your lifestyle and behaviour because of these problems?

- How did you adjust to living with your stepsiblings and/or half-siblings?

* How has your relationship improved with your stepsiblings and/or half-siblings?

* How do you think you can further improve your relationships?

* How do you view your stepsiblings/halfsiblings now?(Eg as real brothers and sisters)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)