Are you allowed to complete your subjects out of sequence (1 Viewer)

Jelone

HSC
N/A
Lets say on the recommended sequence for Bachelor of business it says this subject for 2nd yr.. but you decide to do it later on or out of order? are you allowed to do this?

For example, can i choose to do all my major subjects first then choose to do all 4 subjects for my sub major?

Thanks

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
depends on whether the subject has pre-requisites. as long as youve done the subjects required before starting it, it would be fine
This. I've heard that, with engineering at least, it's almost unheard of for people to graduate having completely followed the reccomended sequence.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yes, it was the Associate Dean of Engineering that said that. People do things over summer, fail subjects, do their internships at different times, switch to part time etc.

I thought i would precisely follow the sequence but i've already stopped in my second year because i couldn't be bothered doing two busines subjects this semester (B Eng/B Bus)

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
use the uts guidebook to determine whether or not the subjects you wish to do have pre-requisites. you dont have to follow the recommended schedule, however following the schedule is best if you want to meet ppl who are in whatever year of uni you are in + doing the same course as yours

Jelone

HSC
N/A
Is the duration of the subject during summer school the same as if you do it in autumn or summer? or is summer school more faster?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Is the duration of the subject during summer school the same as if you do it in autumn or summer? or is summer school more faster?
Summer school is over less time so lectures/tutes are either longer or there are more of them during the week.

Jelone

HSC
N/A
^ oh ok, so this means that they will probably have 2-3 topics per week?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I'm not sure, varies for each subject and I haven't done summer school myself. I've heard of some insanely long lectures though.

Jelone

HSC
N/A
Also, do you know when you have enrolled in a subject but then decide withdraw before the census date.
Does this affect or create a bad academic/transcript record?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If it's before the census date it won't be recorded on your transcript.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)