• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Are you at uni more then Highschool (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Cape said:
Ofcourse, during year 12 I actually had a timetable that would allow me to have friday off cause I had so many frees.

There was no way that I would have done 17 hours a week at school during year 12.

Plus, going to school took about 20 mins, now going to uni takes just a little over 2 hours sometimes 3 if i'm unlucky.
Actually, I've got Thursday from 11 AM off, as well as the whole of Friday.

alien

HSC
i got 25 hours at uni
i think i'll be at uni more, minus when i was finishing my major work last year n i spent ALOT of time coming in early and staying back

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
I spend much less time at University per week than I did at High-school. I went to school for about six and a half hours per day five, days a week during High-school, which equates to thirty-two and a half hours at school per week. This is compared to my eleven/twelve hours I will be at University this semester per week:D.
Yeah but you have lunch, roll call etc in that 6.5 hours which isnt the same for uni. So those who are doing Science/Engineering might be at there more or those with workloads in the mid 20 hour mark might be at uni more, most wont be.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
About the same, but keep in mind I had no frees last year.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Xayma said:
Yeah but you have lunch, roll call etc in that 6.5 hours which isnt the same for uni. So those who are doing Science/Engineering might be at there more or those with workloads in the mid 20 hour mark might be at uni more, most wont be.
Yeah, that is true. Well I think our lunch time was forty minutes, our recess time was twenty minutes and our roll-call was ten minutes. So that means I was in class for about five and a half hours per day, or twenty-seven and a half hours per week. I also had four free periods per week I think (which were one hour each), so that means I was in class about twenty-three and a half hours per week, which is still about twice the time I spend in class at University:D.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
then again, maybe.

cuz my school had a really flexible timetable. On thursdays, I'd go to school at 2pm, and finish forty minutes later.

Rest of the time table was nice as well, but thursday was so ridiculous, it was hard bothering to get up.

but maybe.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
soha said:
um i dunno really what college means
but im going to daar Aisha college
I thought College was just the building that people go to when they live on campus but you are saying that you go there to learn stuff:confused:?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Merethrond said:
I thought College was just the building that people go to when they live on campus but you are saying that you go there to learn stuff:confused:?
yeah like some skools are called colleges
al amanah college
bethlaham college
and daar aisha college
thats what its called..

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
redslert said:
it's not about the hours......it's the work load that kills
i would rather have less hours (i have 12) and do more work in the comfort of home.

so school i reckon would have been much worse. i have tue, and wed free

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
soha said:
yeah like some skools are called colleges
al amanah college
bethlaham college
and daar aisha college
thats what its called..
So you go to two different schools or something:confused:? A University and a College:)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)